Here's my third and final day of my 30x30 Challenge Re-cap. I'm so glad I've done this challenge, but I'm also so excited to get my closet back and to have some more freedom to wear what I feel like wearing, not what just what I'm supposed to wear.
Lace Top Re-style
I really liked all of these looks, but the third look with the pencil skirt is probably my favorite. I love the simplicity of it, but the dress ness of it as well. Once again, I never would have thought of this look before the 30x30 challenge.
Gray Skirt Re-style
My favorite look was the first look, although I really love all three looks. I have a few more looks already in mind for this skirt, so stay tuned :)
Striped Cardigan Re-style
Of the four looks, I really like the first look best, with the fourth being a close second. I really liked the pattern mixing in the first look and the boots with it as well.
Navy Blazer Re-style
This was by far the item I wore the most this month. I couldn't seem to get enough! I was really happy with all the looks that I wore it with. As I mentioned yesterday I loved it with the print dress, but I also really love the look with the polka dot blazer and boots too.
What I take away from this challenge:
- I can create a lot of looks with my existing clothes, things don't just have to go together one way. This challenge really challenged me to look at my clothes differently.
- If I ever did this again, I would take Saturday off. Everyone needs a day off, even from their closet. Sometimes a girl just needs yoga pants and sneakers!
- This was really fun and I'm so glad that I had a bunch of great girls to go through this with, if I do it again, I definitely think doing it as a group is the way to go. : )
Tips to anyone thinking of doing this crazy thing:
- Before starting the challenge pick what you think the 30 items should be, then just start trying things on. I spent a couple of hours doing this and putting outfits together. If I tried it on and liked it, I took a quick picture, that way I remembered it for later. Helpful tip, I sometimes liked an outfit in person, but hated it once I looked at the pictures.
- Trying things on caused me to switch out a few items I thought I wanted the 30x30 too, that way I really just ended up with items I knew I'd use (although some were definitely used more than others.)
- Because I'm a nerd, I took the quick pictures and put them into a collage so I could try to plan out when I'd wear each outfit. Now this ended up changing multiple times, but I had a huge fear of wearing the same thing for like three days in a row. Looking at the outfits on a collage helped me keep track of my ideas visually, then shift them around to wear them when I wanted to.
- Have fun, I know I did.
So, what do you all think, anyone plan on doing this in the future? Tomorrow I'll be back in new clothes, I'm not going to lie, I'm excited about them. : )