I feel like I haven't updated you all on my life lately with my recent series, so here's some random updates for you:
- I'm pretty sure I've eaten my weight in candy since Halloween. It's ridiculous, people.
- I've determined I'm the worst coffee maker of all time, I swear I get a mouthful of coffee grounds on a daily basis. It can't be rocket science, why do I have such a hard time with that darn filter?!?
- Fall TV! Can I just tell you how excited that I am that Ted's finally going to get to How He Met Your Mother. Love that show!
- When you get to leave work at 3:40 but end up having to stay until 5:00 to work with kids who think homework is optional it gets old pretty fast. As in, holy smokes this is going to be a long year!
- I'm still on the hunt for new brown riding boots, anyone see any real leather ones they love that are under $150? I tried these one's on, but they bunched at the ankle. I really want these, but I'm pretty sure my husband is going to tell me to keep dreaming....
- I have a bunch of pinned outfits I'm chomping at the bit to try next week, stay tuned!
Now to my outfit: Recently my blogging friend Inge asked what I thought about booties with skirts, I honestly wasn't sure, because it hadn't tried it. I decided to give it a try today and love the result. I feel like the booties give the outfit a more casual edge then a traditional heel does. I think the casualness of the cardigan helps make the combo work too, and I'm not going to lie, this might give me a slight case of Buy All The Booties!
Also, have you entered my sponsor's giveaway for an Old Navy gift card yet?
Cardigan: Loft $5 (thrifted) similar
Top: Target $20 similar
Skirt: Loft $40 c/o Chippmunk same
Belt: Kohl's $1.5
Necklace: Stella and Dot same