I don't know about you, but I can let my weaknesses be things I focus on instead of my strengths. Today I thought I'd lay out some of the weaknesses that are bugging me right now, and probably more for myself a list of things I can do well. Let's start with the weaknesses:
- I stink at tweeting. Seriously. I think I might just be too old to keep up with the young "hipster" who tweaks with ease about their delicious breakfast muffins....
- I am not good at saying no to chocolate, as is I have a serious case of "Eat all the Chocolate." We rarely keep it in the house because if we did, I would need new pants.
- I am not very patient with Grant at bedtime and it kind of makes me feel like a bad mom. Let's face it, I'm tired at 8:00 and I don't have the patience for shenanigans like, "I want another kiss, drink of water, story, song, etc." I wish I was better at this.
- Sometimes I just want to be a person, not Grant's mom, Brian's wife, Jesse's teacher, but I totally stink at ever taking time for myself. My one outlet is this little blog, which I totally appreciate.
- Once I get an idea on the brain I have to go, go, go until it's done. This is rarely healthy. Take a chill pill, Ginny.
- I am good at staying caught up on laundry, I used to wait until the weekends, now I do a load every time a hamper happens to be full. It's the little successes, people.
- I am good at waiting to buy until there's a deal, rarely do I buy anything at full price and I always end up being happier in the end.
- I work with some great people and therefore it helps me to become a better teacher each day and my kids are successful because of it.
- I (usually) have a pretty good sense of self worth and don't often dwell on things I can't control. For whatever reason I have a good "bounce back" gene.
- I'm good at forgiving and getting over situations. I'm usually not one to hold a grudge. To me, no good comes from that.
Whelp, the strengths were more difficult to write! I think no one wants to feel like eyre bragging, but it's important to celebrate our strengths. Your turn, what are you good at????
Now to today's outfit: I'm styling my new black vest again. I seriously love this thing and decided to pair it with this hounds-tooth sweater I snagged at Forever 21 for a mere $8! I love how it came together and think I might try it like this next time. So cute, right? What did I do before blogs and Pinterest.....
Vest: Sears $18 same
Sweater: Fovever 21 $8 same
Necklace: Stella and Dot same
Bracelets: Stella and Dot same
Jeans: Old Navy $15 same
Boots: Born (three years old) similar