Niki did a post like this a out a week ago and I thought it was a great idea, so I thought I'd take a crack at it too. Here goes nothing:
- I'm devoted to my friends and family and will try to be there for them at all times.
- I'm empathic, I always try to see where others are coming from, and walk in their shoes. I truly believe most people are doing the best they can. I don't think anyone wakes up in the morning and says, "Hey, I want to suck as a human being today!"
- I'm a hard worker, I try to do my best at my job and at home. I can't just sit and do nothing when there's a list of things to do.
- I take things personally and stew about things I can't control. I had a parent issue at school and although this parent was on a tirade and bringing up other non-issues with about a half dozen other teachers and administration, the situation was all I could think about for days.
- Because I can't sit still when there are things to do around the house, I don't always stop what I'm doing the second my son wants to play with me. I feel guilty about this. When he's grown up he won't care if the dishes were put in the dishwasher, but he will remember the times we played. I really need work on this!
- I don't eat very healthily and I don't work out. Bad combo. I worked out daily before Grant was born but haven't been to the gym once in almost three years. This will come back to bite me if I don't do something about it!
- I'm a perfectionist. I like things "just so" and can be critical of myself when things don't work out as I'd like.
- I can be obsessive, like checking planned posts multiple times before posting to make sure they're "just so," see above...
- I lack confidence, specifically with certain friends. About a decade ago I was pretty wild and ran with a group of similar girls. My life was chaotic and I finally came to a point where I knew I needed to change. I decided to quit drinking and get right with God. My friends did not take this well, and I soon realized drinking was the common denominator in our friendship. They pretty much dropped me like day old bread. I have some really great friends now who I know love me for who I am, but there are times when I don't speak up like a should for fear of rejection. I am working on this.
Top: Target $6
Skirt: LOFT $5 (thirfted)
Necklace: Express $10
Bracelets: Express $14
Shoes: Nine West $30
Linking up with: