Clothed with Grace: Chelsea and Ginny Take On: Cocktail Hour

Monday, September 9, 2013

Chelsea and Ginny Take On: Cocktail Hour


This week  Chelsea and I are taking on "Cocktail Hour." Gone are the days of weekends at the bar, but getting invited to a cocktail hour or Girls' Night and home can be great.  I'm going to cover how to dress and Chelsea has the best idea for a "Mix Your Own Beer" Bar.  Say what?  Look for the link down below to go check Chelsea's post out!

As I've gotten older I feel like I've done a pretty good job of perfecting work wear, weekend wear, my casual style, and church clothes. However, I feel getting dressed for a girls' night or cocktail hour is tricky.  My 20-something's self was a pro at this...my 30-something self is not.  Today's look is one that I think is perfect for a cocktail hour after work or night with the girls.  I really like the polished look a blazer gives, but the sequined top takes this out of the normal realm of work wear. I also love the contrast of the black top with the fitted white jeans. Add a heel and some jewelry with bling and you've got a great cocktail hour look.












Blazer: Loft $30 (gift card from Chippmuck.com) same
Top: Express cute option
Jeans: CAbi $5 (thrifted) similar
Necklace: Stella and Dot Sutton
Bracelets: Stella and Dot RenegadePeacockUrbane
Heels: Bandalino $30 similar

I've decided to start showing you some options for similar pieces and take some of the work out of shopping for you. Here are some great cobalt blazer options; I'm loving the second one. 


                                    Wallis Blazers · Anne Klein Blazers · Macy's Blazers


Now, go stop by  Whatcha Makin' Now to see all the details for how to recreate Chelsea's awesome "Mix Your Own Beer" Bar.  If this idea isn't amazing, I don't know what is!


22 comments:

  1. This is definitely a perfect girls night out look. You can never go wrong with a blazer and some bling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great girls night out look! the hint of sequin is fabulous with that structured blazer! well done ladies :)

    XO Meghan
    citrusrefreshingfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you are looking so perfect going from the board room to the bar ...love the sparkly top against the blue blazer!

    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The perfect amount of bling! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the striped top with the blue blazer. Such a perfect outfit for a girl's night!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  6. This outfit is perfect for going from work to the bar! The hint of sparkles is fun for a night out.

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  7. This outfit is stunning! LOVE LOVE LOVE the blue blazer and sequin top together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post Ginny. Love the sparkly top under the cobalt jacket. Gorgeous. Great outfit for going out.

    Agi:)

    vodkainfusedlemonade.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I definitely agree that it is harder for me to know what to wear when my friends want to go out. There's a fine line to crossing over into the "age-inappropriate" category! This outfit is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great look! I love the sequined top and pop of color with your blazer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need a Cobalt Blazer in my life. I like both option on the right, that you have shown. I agree with you: a Blazer with some Sparkle is great for cocktails. And your Sutton Necklace works great here.

    I will check out Chelsea's blog cause you got me real curious.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ginny, I am loving this! I always try to go for something classy but a little more daring than I would wear work when I go out for drinks. You totally nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ginny, although I have not managed to make it anywhere other than my daughter's dance classes after work, I love this outfit! I am saving up for a cobalt blazer and I am wondering what fabric you like the best. Any ideas? Thanks friend! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love, love, LOVE this outfit - it's the perfect mix of ladylike and sassy. Great styling job Ginny!!
    xoxo,
    Nikki at www.bedazzlesafterdark.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this! I bet you could even wear it to work! :)

    Haley

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that top..I think I have the same one in white :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love, love that blazer! It's the perfect blue!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your outfit looks gorgeous and so classy! Love the white pants! You look AMAZING!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my gosh, that top is so pretty! You're right, it is perfect for cocktails :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great outfit for cocktails! It does get a little harder the older you get. I tend to stick to the same kind's of outfits for any "girls nights out", which are very similar to this one.

    Pia
    pjmscloset.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this blazer- I always comment on how I love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  22. great outfit all the way around
    from the cobalt, white denim and of course the sequins!
    Brett

    ReplyDelete