Clothed with Grace: Overcomer

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Overcomer

Like I've said in the past, I'm a big fan of music and Grant is too.  One song that always gets me going is the song Overcomer by Mandisa.  Here's the video, it's so good!

            

Whenever this song comes on Grant and I turn it up, here are some of the lyrics that stick out to me:

"Whatever it is you may be going through
I know He's not gonna let it get the best of you"
"You're an overcomer
Stay in the fight ‘til the final round
You're not going under
‘Cause God is holding you right now
You might be down for a moment
Feeling like it's hopeless
That's when He reminds You
That you're an overcomer
You're an overcomer"
In our life we go through peaks and valleys. I think sometimes people think that once you ask God into your life it's going to be smooth sailing, and that's just not the case.  There will be times when it seems like you're on top of the world, then there are times when a situation hits you like a brick wall.  
Being a Christian doesn't keep bad things from happening to you, it just makes it easier to handle because you have God on your side. In the midst of whatever it is you're going though God is right there with you. Jesus says in Mathew 19:26 "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." God helps us to be over-comers....to not give up...to have hope.  With him we know that valley we are in won't last forever. It will be better. 
Maybe today you're in a peak, or maybe you're in valley.  Wherever you are I hope you remember how much God loves you and that you can stand firm that truth.

I wore this outfit for Christmas eve service at church.  I picked up this dress at Target for like $7 this fall and found this great J.Crew cardigan from  thredUP (use link for $10 off) for next to nothing.  I totally lucked out on these heels too.  They're Merona, but real leather, I somehow managed to get them for $12 online (with free shipping).  My favorite black heels bit the dust and I'd been looking for a replacement for quite a while.  So, in the deal category, this outfit is definitely a winner. : )


Cardigan: J.Crew via thredUP (use link for $10 off)
Dress: Target similar
necklace: Mariposa Medley c/o similar
 bracelets: chloe + isabel c/o samesame 
heels: Merona similar


Linking up with:

13 comments:

  1. I have certainly been in a rut for a while now. I hate feeling like that. I have been overwhelmed with so many things, that I put Christ on the back burner. Exactly NOT where He should be. Thanks for the eye opener today. And you scored some great deals!! Fabulous dress! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE these J. Crew cardigans (and got mine through ThredUp too!) And what a pretty dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgey!! I love scrolling ThredUp but it's a time suck..it's never ending! You really need to know what you're looking for when you go to that site lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those heels are perfect! I've been looking for a leather replacement pair, but no luck yet. What a steal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love all the spiritual encouragement your blog has had lately! beauty for both the inside and outside! thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have always, always had a hard time finding cardigans that look good on me. I need to figure out what the secret is to how they look good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this song! I get a little teary when she shows Robin Roberts but what an inspiration she is as well. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely look. =)
    I agree...life can throw some curve balls but how we handle the lows gives us more strength to persevere. Life is funny but it also balances out with time. =)
    Cheers to you!
    xo,
    nancy

    http://www.adoretoadorn.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another great & encouraging post! Wow I can't believe that dress was $7 it's so pretty on you & love your classic heels.
    Marta
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice outfit..i like your dress and necklace

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh girl, I needed this soooooo much today!!! That song is beautiful. I haven't heard it before. Thanks for sharing your faith and for following your heart! He is speaking through you and I am so proud of your recent posts. You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I definitely needed to read that today, thanks for the encouragement! Love your blue cardi over your pretty dress. Happy 2015 to you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for this encouraging post! I've been better at doing my daily devotional, and it makes me feel so much more positive. Love your outfit - that color blue is gorgeous on you, and the accessories are perfect!

    ReplyDelete