A few weeks ago I asked what you all would like to see for my how-to posts and I got some great ideas. One idea was tips for how to wear blazers. I love blazers, and my favorite it probably this navy one from Loft. I think they can be the perfect layering piece to add to almost any outfit. Below are six ways I like to wear them:
- I love to add a blazer to a dress. Like I did here. My tip for making this work is to pay attention to the materials your pairing up. Pair a cotton blazer with a cotton/jersey dress and a poly-blend blazer with a dress with similar material too. Wool blazers are great too and these can be good with a thicker cotton dress or other matte material dresses.
- I also love to pair a blazer with a pencil skirt, really any pencil skirt can work. I've done this a lot, one example is here. I think blazers can also be cute with mini-skirts, but I'd stick clear of wearing them with longer a-line skirts as the shape could be awkward.
- Last summer I wore blazers with shorts to dress up a lot quite a bit, like I did here. I also like to add a heel or wedge to help finish off the look too.
- The forth way I like to wear them is with a simple sweater or shirt and jeans like I did here. I've also added a button-down underneath the sweater for a more polished preppy look too.
- Fifth is with a blouse for a girl's night look. I actually wore this outfit this weekend for dinner with friends. Then we went and did a little shopping and ended the night with ice cream. It was the trifecta of awesomeness.
- Lastly, I like to wear blazers with scarves to dress up an otherwise casual look like I did here.
Honestly, the possibilities for styling blazers is pretty limitless and I love their timeless style. How about you, how do you like to wear blazers?
Also, have you entered my great giveaway yet?
Like I mentioned above, I've worn this before, but didn't blog it. This green blouse is one of my favorite pieces, gotta love Target! It's also finally getting warm enough to wear my gold heels again too, wahoo! I also love my Phoenix Pendant with the outfit here too.
Blazer: Loft similar
Blouse: Target similar
Necklace: Stella and Dot same
Jeans: Old Navy same
Heels: Audrey Brooke similar