Clothed with Grace: What to Wear With Mustard

Thursday, October 24, 2013

What to Wear With Mustard




Today is my second day of my mini-series focused on styling colors.  Yesterday I shared my tips for styling wine and today I'm focusing on another hot color for fall, mustard.  My boyfriend cardigan is quickly becoming one of my favorite things in my closet and I was excited to style it today for a nice casual look.  When it comes to styling mustard here are some tips for what colors to wear it with:
  • Wear mustard with another shade of yellow for a monochromatic look.
  • Although mustard is a warm color, it can easily be worn with both warm and cool neutrals.  Mustard and gray is an awesome color combo, but mustard with browns and blacks is also great.
  • Lastly, wear it with a complimentary color like navy or teal.  Today I chose to wear it with navy, which is one of my favorite color combos.  I added my skinny jeans, then cuffed them (I love this!) and added my booties.  This outfit is not only comfortable, but perfect for all your fall activities (Pumpkin Patch anyone?) 
Make sure to check out my collage at the end of the post for some additional ways to wear mustard and here's a chart to help you see what to wear with mustard:






Here are some more detailed pictures of my outfit for today:








Cardigan: Target $12 same / Target Coupons
Top: Loft $30 similar
Jeans: Old Navy $19 similar
Belt: $1.5
Necklace: Stella and Dot same
Bracelets: Stella and Dot  Chimera, Moxie , Renegade 
Booties: $29 (ebay) same on Amazon

Here are some other ways to wear mustard:


Look 1 / Look 2 / Look 3 / Look 4

Make sure to stop back tomorrow to see the third post in this color series. : )

Linking up with:

27 comments:

  1. Your styling tips are always so good! I love the mustard and navy together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Niki is right. You always come up with the greatest style advice posts! I love your mustard outfits, too. The mustard blouse is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is perfect! I just bought a mustard shirt and have been trying to figure out how to wear it. Thanks for the great ideas.

    ~Cheryl
    http://snaps-of-ginger.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg LOOOVE these booties on u and that mustard color is gorgeous with ur skin tone!

    XO Meghan
    citrus fashion

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your outfit today is SO flattering. You look great in the color & cut of everything. And once again, LOVING the color chart! That is so useful.

    On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great post! I love mustard yellow and it's such a great color to play with, especially for fall.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That necklace is perfection and the shell so pretty. I think Red, Burgundy, Hunter Green, Lime & Emerald also go well with Mustard.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh gosh, I love mustard! This outfit is awesome, from the cardigan to the fun ankle boots!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love love love this look! That necklace and those jeans cuffed with those booties...stop with the fabulousness! lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this! Great minds think alike....I just put out my outfit for tomorrow (yes I am super geeky like that!) and it is my mustard cardigan which I haven't worn since the spring. You look great and I love those booties.

    Pia
    pjmscloset.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like mustard in the fall, it's such a great color but can definitely be hard to wear. You look so pretty and I love this outfit. You wore mustard perfectly!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  12. You know how I love a stylish casual look. This might be one of my most favorites of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this! I tend to shy away from mustard but I think with navy it can look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE the sweater!!! Mustard is my favorite. Yet I own no mustard pieces. Gonna have to go on a shopping mission!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so cute. I love the color pallet idea. Very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mustard is growing on me...I have only one mustard item, a layering tank, but I would like to add more! Great tips.

    Amy
    Mariposa Medley Jewelry
    www.mariposamedley.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE this series! Mustard is my fall fav!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great post! I love mustard and grey but honestly, mustard and navy is the most wonderful combination (but always reminds me of Wahoo Public colors)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love that cardigan! I also love mustard and navy. Loving this series! Love love love.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think you can use mustard as a neutral these days
    I am not a fan of the color yellow, but I do love mustard
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  21. Obsessed with this look!! I love mustard with navy or black!! :) love your necklace too :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Coincidentally, I've seen a few other bloggers wearing mustard cardigans today, and you all are making me want to add this color to my closet! I love the colors you chose to wear with it here--so rich and autumnal!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I think mustard is my favorite color! Goes with everything and perfect for fall! AGREE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I went a little mustard CRAZY a few years back. There are still some remnants. I think grey and navy are still my favorite colors to pair though!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the outfit! AND those boots are so cute!!
    Sherry
    www.thelifeofthepartyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ginny, I LOVE this outfit! Wow! This might be one of my favorites of yours. The colors look amazing together, that cardigan is SO cute, and I love those booties. The panel of glitter is fun and different! I love mustard with maroon as well :)

    ReplyDelete