Clothed with Grace: How to Wear: A Blanket Scarf

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

How to Wear: A Blanket Scarf

Now that the temps are cooling down, I've pulled this from the archives and updated it to share with you all today.  Blanket scarves are such a fun trend, but knowing how to style them can be tricky. Today I'm going to show a few ways.



The first way I wore it was with a sweater and my utility jacket for a casual look.  This is great if it's super cold, otherwise I'd suggest a long-sleeved tee. 



Sweater: Ann Taylor via thredUp similar / Vest: Wet Seal similar / Scarf: Style This Life same/ Jeans: Old Navy / Boots: Unisa c/o DSW similar

The second way I've worn it is with a denim jacket and ankle pants with slip-ons. This was perfect for running errands, but would definitely work for me to wear to school too.



Jacket: Gap similar via thredUp (use this link for $10 off your first purchase) /Sweatshirt: Hanes c/o same / Scarf: Style This Life similar / Pants: Mossimo same / Bracelets: Stella and Dot same chloe + isabel same  / Shoes: Mossimo  similar

The third way is to dress it up with my fit and flare dress, cardigan and ballet flats.  I really like this combo!



Cardigan: Ann Taylor similar /Scarf: Style This Life same / Dress: Gap similar / Bracelets: chloe + isabel c/o samesame / Shoes: Aerosoles same

Lastly, I wore it with a casual striped dress for some pattern mixing and my utility jacket. I also tied the scarf a bit differently her to emphasize the pattern mixing. 



Dress: Gap similar / Jacket: JCP similar / Scarf: Style This Life same / Bracelets: Stella and Dot / Booties: Wanted (sold out)

Here are some fun ones I found on Etsy, all under $20!

Blanket Scarf



 1 / 2 / 3 /4 / 5 

Linking up with:

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic post! I have a couple of these scarves but I always wear them the same way so thank u for the tips!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colours in this scarf are SO beautiful! It literally goes with everything! Great tips. I LOVE the outfit with the navy skirt!

    https://forsevenseasons.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your looks. I can't wait to get mine out soon!

    ReplyDelete