1. Go to the zoo- we have only been once all summer, which really surprises me! We need to go again for sure!
2. Plan a couple of playdates-now this is more for me than for Grant. Grant has quite a few friends in the neighborhood that he can play with pretty regularly, which is great. We also have a few friends who are outside the neighborhood, so we don't see them as often. I want to get some dates in the books to get together, because it probably won't happen again for a while once school starts.
3. Plan some outfits- In years past I have also had an area in my closet with outfits I plan to wear. I haven't done that one time all summer. I literally pick out my clothes in my towel each morning without a second thought. However, I do have a lot of "work" clothes, skirts, and dresses that have gone unworn all summer, and some since I've had Hannah. I really want to get some outfits planned, because God knows I won't have time to think about what to wear in the morning once school starts!
4. Read two more books- I have two books from our neighborhood library I want to get read and returned. Once school starts I don't usually have the energy to read a lot in the evenings and with curriculum changes at school reading there is definitely out. (insert sad face emoji).
5. Make sure to work with Grant on reading and writing each day. This has been hit or miss for the last couple of weeks, but I want to make sure to make it consistent for the next few weeks. Kids lose almost a 1/3 of what they learned the previous year without continued practice in the summer and I don't want that for Grant.
6. Enjoy the kids, soak up every minute, and let the house work slip a little. There will always be dishes and laundry, and cleaning, but pretty soon I'll only get to see them a few hours a day and that really stinks.
What about you? Anything you want to get done before the craziness of the school year hits?
top: Old Navy same
pants: Loft same
Necklaces: Uncommon Goods c/o same and Stella and Dot
Wedges: DV (Target) similar
Linking up with: