Clothed with Grace: Update

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Update

I know it's been pretty quiet around here, but honestly time is just not in my favor right now. I am so busy, and when I do have free time, I'm not using it to blog.

I did snap this outfit picture Saturday morning and write up this post pretty quickly, then planned to rest while Hannah naps and Grant rests in his room.

I haven't really been shopping, in fact, I've been doing the opposite. I've gotten rid of probably five trash bags full of clothes since school started and I still have way more than I need. It almost makes me feel silly for buying this sweater, but I really like it and when Loft had a 50% off sale lately I decided it would be a fun addition, since I don't have anything else like it.

Outfits like this one are my usual these days. I'm much preferring a top and pants to complicated layers. I still love a good cardigan, but I feel like my days of layers, button down, and vests are done. I also rarely wear more than earrings and a necklace and have sold off a lot of my bracelets and necklaces too. I still have a few I like, but loads of bracelets and big necklaces just aren't my thing anymore. I've been doing a lot of grabbing clothes in the morning without a lot thought, and I'm totally ok with that.

School has been the busiest it's ever been, and having two kids is so much more work than just one....obviously. I love them dearly, but I'm lucky if I get to sit down on the couch before 8:30 at night, and honestly at that point I just want to go to bed. I probably would, but Hannah still takes a bottle at 10:00. In between the kids, work, cleaning, cooking, and actually finding time to spend with Brian not a lot of time is left for much else. I've been carrying the same book around for nearly a month and my quiet time in the morning has been hit and miss as Hannah has been waking up between 5:30 and 6, which causes Grant to wake up too. That means no quiet time and getting ready with two kids in the bathroom with me.

I love this crazy, busy, life, but I am just spent. I didn't intend to write you all a novel, but there you have it: an update and an outfit. I hope you all are doing well, and I'll check in when I can!




5 comments:

  1. Just wanted to say hi and encourage you this morning. I remember when my youngest was still a baby and waking up WAY too early which started my day earlier than I wanted. Working full time with two kids is TOUGH! Not that you want to wish away the baby season, but it does get easier when they are a bit older, sleeping later and a little independent. I promise. But just know that you are not alone and I'm still trying to work through that question of, "will I always be THIS tired?" Give yourself TONS of grace and short cut where you can. Buy the already cut up veggies, do pizza night twice a week if needed, and its OK to rest when you can and NOT do the other things on your list. Hang in there, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to chime in and agree that two kids is no joke! Lucy's still not sleeping through the night, despite all the pep talks I give her before bedtime. You're doing great and owe us no explanation. Your attention is right where it should be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kara! Hoping Lucy stats sleeping for you soon!

      Delete
  3. I think it's your blog so you do what works for you! Do what works and don't apologize :) Life is a handful with kids and work. This outfit is so pretty, too!

    ReplyDelete