Clothed with Grace: Life Lately

Monday, October 3, 2016

Life Lately

This weekend was a busy one! Brian was out of town, so I had to "mom it" alone, which is no joke, by the way. We had a  nice time and ended up being pretty busy. Yesterday we went to see Shrek the Musical with Grant's favorite girl and her mom, my friend. I was a bit nervous about having to bring Hannah, usually stays home with dad when we go to the theatre, as we have season tickets for our local theatre, but with Brian gone and my mom busy, we didn't have another option. She did great and the play was really good too. Grant loved the bathroom humor with Shrek, of course.



Afterwards, the kids played at our house for awhile. This, by the way, is who Grant is planning to marry. They've know each other since they were babies and have been planning to marrying since they were about three...




Hannah is seeming to be learning all kinds of things all at once, she waving, clapping, making kissy noises and saying "dada" like crazy.



We also have the go ahead from Hannah's doctor to start giving her table food. I've been giving her soft breads here and there, but her first official real food was pizza, now she's officially a member of our family. We have pizza and ice cream way more that is acceptable, and she's already had ice cream, so it was time to add pizza.



I had to take Grant to his football game with Hannah on Saturday too. Usually Brian takes him, because it's Hannah's nap time, but this time it was on me, since Brian was gone. Grant did great, as did Hannah (with a ten minute snooze in the car on the way there) and the weather was perfect too!



I'm not sure how much longer it will be acceptable for these two to take baths together, but we'll all enjoy it while we can. It's safe to say these two like each other a lot.



Overall it was a great weekend and I'm actually really lucky today to have the day off and the house to myself. I might be a bit excited!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice time for you all. I'm glad that Hannah was easy going and able to come along to all the activities. That sure helps when you are by yourself! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see if Grant ends up marrying that girl. What a story that would be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been jamming my 5, 3, and 1 year olds into the bath together. It's a little (a lot!) tight but they have so much fun playing together. I know it won't last forever. :)

    ReplyDelete