Clothed with Grace: Winging It

Monday, January 9, 2017

Winging It



Tell me I'm not the only one who feels like this sometimes? There are days that I feel like I have it all together and the stars align. The kids sleep until 7:00, they play nicely, I get the house cleaned up, meals made, and we have quality family time in the evening. It's on days like this that I feel like I've got this "mom thing" down as I high five....myself.


That honestly is the minority of the time though. Most days I feel like are a blur with moments of calm in the midst of a storm. I feel like all day long is solving one problem after another, whether it's trying to help Grant find socks that don't "feel weird" or make dinner while Hannah whines at my heels.

Now that Hannah has her tubes I do feel like we are getting into a groove, but knowing how to problem solve with Grant can be easier said than done. His agenda and priorities don't always align with our...or vise vera. He's not a mute robot and "because I said so" doesn't always cause him to want to listen.

The other day he responded rudely to me about something and my mom was at our house. She told him, "You know, most people are just trying to do the best job they can." I think that gave us all some perspective. Even when our agendas don't align we are all just trying to do the best job we can of living and loving together.

I pray each night to be the best mom I can be, just as I pray for my kids to love God and become the best people they can be. I don't have all the answers, that's for sure, but I don't want to simply wing it. Then I'm reminded, I don't have to have all the answers, I have God.


1 comment:

  1. Amen!! Struggling with a strong-willed 2 year old...and a strong-willed self. Daily, I need lots of Jesus. And then lots of Pepsi.

    ReplyDelete