Clothed with Grace: Live Loved

Thursday, March 30, 2017

Live Loved




Recently I've been loving the song Live Like You're Loved by Hawk Nelson, I'd love if you took a few minutes to listen!


          

Here's a look part of the lyrics:

"You're not the only one who feels like this
Feelin' like you lose more than you win
Like life is just an endless hill you climb
You try and try, but never arrive

I'm tellin' you somethin'
This racing, this running
Oh, you're working way too hard! (You're working way too hard)
And this perfection you're chasing
Is just energy wasted
Cause he love's you like you are!

So go ahead and live like you're loved
It's ok to act like you've been set free
His love has made you more than enough
So go ahead and be who he made you to be

And live like you're loved
Live like you're loved
Live like you're loved
Live like you're loved

And live like you're know you're valuable
Like you know the one that hold your soul
Cause mercy has called you by your name
Don't be afraid to live in that grace

I'm tellin' you somethin'
This God we believe in
Yeah, he changed everything
No more guilt! No more shame!
He took all that away

Gave us a reason to sing..."


The song starts by talking about how we can feel like we lose more than we win....like life is an uphill climb. Isn't that the truth! On any given day I can feel like I have so much to do, then I collapse on the couch at 8:00 totally exhausted. I can find myself beating myself up over events or choices during the day, or trying to problem solve current situations. The point is I can put it all on my own shoulders instead of trusting in a God who has got it all covered. Can you relate?

We are called to live like we are loved because God loves us just as mistakes and all. Our race for perfection is definitely time wasted. I recently was restless at night over a situation at school and in the morning it occurred to me that I hadn't prayed about about it or looked at it though God's lens at all. Urg. It's not up to me to solve the problem, it's my job to trust in God that he'll help me to figure it out.

We are valuable, we are loved, and we should live like it. I hope you're encouraged by this today.


No comments:

Post a Comment