Clothed with Grace: Fall Transition Tips

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Fall Transition Tips

Since I'm back to school I've started to start shifting from my summer clothes to fall clothes. Don't get me wrong, I plan to wear my flip-flops and sun dresses for a while longer, but now that I'm back inside all day, my dress has to change a bit. Today I thought I'd share some tips for how to ease into your fall wardrobe too.

  1. Get some inspiration. I went and checked out my maternity style board and my fall and winter style board to get my mind back into thinking about how to dress for fall.
  2. Don't just go and "buy all the things." Take stock of what you have in your closet and get a wish list together. Being pregnant, my choices are a bit different this fall. I knew I needed some full panel black pants and leggings. I also needed some basic tops, and longer cardigans. I'm pretty sure outfits like this are going to be my jam for most of this fall season.
  3. Wear layers, but make sure the shirt underneath has short sleeves at least. I love this cardigan I got from thredUP recently., I'm planning to wear it to school today, but if I get warm, I can always take it off and still be work appropriate. If you haven't tried thredUP, you need to! Use this link to get $20 off your first purchase.
  4. Start to look for great fall boots. They are great now with pants, but you can also wear them with dresses, just keep your legs bare. I love these booties I was just sent from Vionic. They are all about style and comfort and have a special "orthaheel" technology to help them be comfortable all day long. As I teacher, I'm on my feet a lot, so comfortable shoes are definitely important!
What tips do you have for getting dressed this fall?



Cardigan: similar thredUp (Use this link to get $20 off your first purchase)
Shirt: Liz Lange similar
Pants: Pink Blush Maternity c/o same
Necklace: chloe + isabel c/o
Shoes: Vionic c/o same

Linking up with:

7 comments:

  1. My daughter and I made lists this year too. It really helps with overspending and impulse buying. I am on the hunt for a great pair of booties. These are perfect! You are looking great! Hope you feel great too! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I love "don't just buy all the things!". SO true! Every seasons, it's so tempting to just run out and buy a whole slew of new things without even needing any of them. I love the striped cardigan over this printed top!

    https://forsevenseasons.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe it's already time to think about fall! Where did the summer go? You look great, and I love those booties! I was never able to find a pair of maternity jeans I liked, so I'm not looking forward to jean shopping after the baby is born:) Hope you're having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This outfit is so so cute! The grey tones all work so well together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This outfit is great to transition into Fall. I love Gray on you. The booties and cardi are so cute. Is it that chilly there?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cardigan is so cute, and I love your shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this look! Perfect for back to school!

    Her Heartland Soul
    http://herheartlandsoul.com

    ReplyDelete