Clothed with Grace: The Girl on the Train

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

The Girl on the Train


The Girl on the Train had been on my must-read list for quite a while, so when the library finally got it in for me, I was super excited to read it.  At the beginning of the story we are introduced to Rachel, the girl on the train. She rides the same route each day from her town into London. Rachel's life is kind of a wreck, her marriage failed two years earlier, she has a drinking problem, and has lost her job in London, but continues to ride the train each day anyway.

The highlight of her journey is driving by the house of "Jess and Jason," the couple who she often sees out on their balcony while riding the train. In her head, these two have the perfect marriage and perfect life; the life she wishes she'd had with her husband. Everything changes when she sees something from the train and "Jess" turns up dead shortly after. 

Rachel goes on a quest to try to solve the mystery of how "Jess" died, and in the process unlocks some of her own mysteries inside of her head.  This page-turner will leave you on the edge of your seat and up reading late into the night. I'd definitely recommend adding it to your reading list now.

10 comments:

  1. I really liked this book, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this one on my list too. I've heard really good things about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got this on my 'to read' list! It sounds awesome.

    http://forsevenseasons.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adding this to my to-read list. Sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got this from the library a few weeks ago. Really liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a really good read! Have you read The Good Girl? I did NOT see that ending coming!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was a really good read! Have you read The Good Girl? I did NOT see that ending coming!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was a really good read! Have you read The Good Girl? I did NOT see that ending coming!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to read this book! I've heard incredible things!

    Her Heartland Soul
    http://herheartlandsoul.com

    ReplyDelete