Clothed with Grace: Blogging and Priorities

Thursday, March 31, 2016

Blogging and Priorities

Nothing in this outfit is new, but it's an outfit I wanted to wear the whole time I was pregnant, but obviously couldn't. I'll admit, when  I stumble out of bed at 6:00 the last thing I feel like doing is getting dressed up, but I'm always glad I do, as it helps put me in a good mood for the day. 

Also, our snow is gone, thank goodness! I just took a number of pictures when I had the morning to myself one day and have been saving them up.  Weekends have been busy, just trying to maintain a fairly clean house and taking the time to play with the kids, so blogging has really taken a back burner. Once my saved pictures are done, I'm not sure how I'll fit getting new ones in. In between the getting ready, taking pictures, and editing for the three posts I do each week is about three hours....which I don't really have right now. I'm not sure how I'll continue to keep up, although I do want to.

I also have not been doing a good job or reading very many other blogs regularly and don't have nearly as many people comment on my blog regularly either, although my page views are still pretty consistent.  I wonder if I'd be just as happy simply posting on Instagram, but I really do like the writing aspect of blogging.  I really didn't recognize how easy I had it with just Grant. Hannah is a great baby and I actually think it's made me a better more active mom.  I want them each to have time with me and know how much I love them, so I think my priorities have changed some.  I'm not sure what the future of this little space looks like, but as long as I can make it work and enjoy it, I plan to try. 



Cardigan: Old Navy similar
Top: Shein similar
Skirt: JCPsimilar
Necklace: Stella and Dot same
Heels: Merona similar

17 comments:

  1. This outfit ROCKS. I love the pattern mixing! that bold striped skirt looks incredible with the neon floral top!

    https://forsevenseasons.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy your blog! Hope you will keep it going :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything about this outfit! Also love your blog, but don't regularly comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blogging does take so much time, but for me it's a creative outlet. Maybe cut out a post a week and see how you feel?

    Becky
    www.bybmgblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always look forward to your blog posts and would hate to see you leave the Blogging world. That being said, I don't know how you juggle it all, and the years with young children is fleeting, so will understand if you decide to phase out of it. Maybe you can cut it back to just 2-3 posts a week and see how you feel. I wish I had the guts to put the floral with the stripe like you did with this outfit. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2-3 is a god suggestion. It would probably be more manageable too.

      Delete
  6. I always look forward to your blog posts and would hate to see you leave the Blogging world. That being said, I don't know how you juggle it all, and the years with young children is fleeting, so will understand if you decide to phase out of it. Maybe you can cut it back to just 2-3 posts a week and see how you feel. I wish I had the guts to put the floral with the stripe like you did with this outfit. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your blog! I never comment because I'm not part of blog world other than reading the ones I have bookmarked--I don't blog myself or have Instagram. ...just not my thing. But I really feel like I can relate to you (I'm a teacher, a Christian, and pregnant with my first, due July 1) and enjoy the things you post here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on the baby! My son was born July 2nd :) Thanks for reading too!

      Delete
  8. Love this outfit. I really like how you mixed the patterns. Blogging is a great deal of work and I get overwhelmed with it too and I don't even have young kids at home any more. Hope you can keep it up. I like your style! - Amy -
    www.stylingrannymama.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete