Clothed with Grace: Life Lately

Monday, September 26, 2016

Life Lately

Today I thought I'd share what's been going on in my life lately. These really are my favorite posts to share. : )

Grant snapped a picture of Hannah and I yesterday before we headed off to church. I'm starting to try to transition my clothes to fall...ish. I was going to wear my white cardigan, then decided this tan one would be fun instead. And Hannah in a tutu: I can't even.




I also took one of Grant and Hannah too. Getting them both to look at the camera and smile is no easy task. I think I had to snap like 15, just to get this one!



I've switched Hannah's clothes over to her fall/winter outfits. Most of her clothes are from thredUp with credits or a local kids resale shop, but Grandma shopped by one day with two outfit for Hannah and a few shirts for Grant. I know Hannah is in her clothes for such a short time, so I'm totally fine with second-hand, but it does feel nice for her to have a few new things. Grandmas are the best!



Last week was super busy. Brian was out of town for work for a few days and Hannah is seriously on the move! So much for emptying the dishwasher while she's on the loose!



One morning both the kids woke up super early, so I had a had the "joy" of getting ready with both of them in the bathroom with me. It's a good thing it wasn't one of the mornings where I had to wash my hair, so I can be ready in about 15 minutes.



I'd been asking Brian to get the baby gate back up, and luckily he got to it! Hannah is pulling up and crawling around like crazy! It's won't be long before she's walking!



On Saturday I had a few hours to myself! Grant was at a birthday party, Hannah was napping, and Brian was at the store. I had time to write my posts for the week, watch a bit of Netflix, and drink some coffee. I have found in the last few years I really am not the extrovert I thought I was. I like people, don't get me wrong, but I reeaaalllyyy need time to myself to recharge. At school I throughly enjoy an uninterrupted plan time, and nap time on the weekends it pretty much the best. I also have totally gotten over any FOMO I had in the past. I bit of time to myself luckily goes a long way. I'm pretty happy to spend the weekends with the family, and taking both kids to run errands no longer seems too tough to tackle. I do miss out weekly trips to the library and hope we can pick those back up, but Grant brings home books from school and I have our Little Free Library. Soon enough, we'll be needing to check out books for Hannah!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for some alone time. I'm really working on the FOMO on social media especially since IG is a hot mess being all out of order I can't keep up anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your life updates and these great photos Ginny. She has so many cute pairs of pajamas. Love the photo of you both in your darling girly outfits.

    And I am glad you are enjoying some time alone. Take Care <3 Ada.

    ReplyDelete