Clothed with Grace: Live Loved

Thursday, September 8, 2016

Live Loved

As I'm getting a few chapters into Lysa TerKeurst's book  Uninvited, she's beginning to talk about "living loved." What she means by this is working to live each day knowing that God's love for us isn't based on anything we have or have not done, but it's simply based on the fact that He created us. 

God's loved isn't based on our fragile efforts to please Him or others, it's placed on us. As we go throughout our day doing any number of things, the way we chose to handle fear, rejection, and disappointment can be fruitless if we try to tackle it on our own. Although that latte, chocolate, or pedicure might make me feel better for an hour, I'll be once again left feeling empty if I don't realize that God loves me for "me," and nothing I can and have done will change that in the slightest. The same is true for you!

God says, "Come to me all who are weary and I will give you rest." (Mathew 11:28) Accepting and living that truth changes everything!

Today I'm working to "love loved," showing others the same love that God has for me. I am holy, chosen, righteous and redeemed, and that is pretty powerful stuff!



Over the past few years I have gotten so many things from thredUP (Use this link for $10 off your first purchase.) I love quality pieces, but Target pricing, so thredUp is the best of both words for me. Both this top and cardigan are thredUP finds. The top is from Talbot and was $8 and the cardigan is from J.Crew factory and was maybe $14 and is still available in stores. I decided to dress these pieces up with my classic pencil skirt, but I think it would be great with my white jeans too!

Also, evidently I didn't take any pictures that actually show my feet. Whoops! They are just my basic black heels, so you're not missing much. ; )




Cardigan: JCrew Factory same via thredUP
Top: Talbot similar via thredUP 
Skirt: Express similar
Earrings: Nickel & Suede same
Necklace: similar
Bracelet: chloe + isabel c/o similar

8 comments:

  1. Two great thredUP scores! That top is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this message! How much peace is found in knowing that God loves us just as we are! Thanks for the reminder!
    Also this outfit is so classic and classy! I have got to find a black pencil skirt. Tucking seems so daunting to me sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tucking does seem like a lot of work sometimes, I totally agree!

      Delete
  3. I'm reading this book too and already God is revealing a lot to me. I certainly don't live loved. I have been beating up and bullying this girl I've become instead of accepting her as part of the Journey God's got me on. I'm choosing to live loved as well today. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh I'm sorry to hear you've been beating yourself up! Thinking about you today!

      Delete
  4. That blue cardigan is so pretty on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just finished a book so "Uninvited" sounds great. I love your classy and polished teacher style. The corn-blue colors look so good, such a pretty top!

    Have a great weekend Ginny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG you make me hard, just jacked off to these pictures

    ReplyDelete