Clothed with Grace: Trust

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Trust

Today I am thankful for morning sickness. Sounds weird right? Here's why: I shared with you all the big news on Monday that Brian and I are expecting our second child. This is definitely an exciting time, but last weekend especially, I  found myself dealing with some anxiety. I'm about 10 weeks along and although we've heard the heartbeat and seen our little one wiggle around in my tummy on an ultrasound, I still found myself worried. What if we have another miscarriage?

I've been taking medicine to help with my nausea, so when I wasn't nauseous, I found myself worried. I generally haven't been sleeping well, but if I do sleep ok, then I found myself worried again. I'm uncomfortable in my normal pants, but as I pulled off the tag on these maternity jeans, I found myself worried that I won't need them. It was all pretty awful.

I'm so thankful for our small group at church. We shared that we were expecting this last Sunday and I asked for prayers for dealing with my anxiety and reassurance that things are going ok with the baby.  That is why I am thankful for morning sickness. It's a reminder of the little one growing inside me, and I'll take that any day over fear and anxiety.

I know God has a plan, I pray each day for our child's health and safely, and I'm reminded His promises in these verses, as well as so many more:

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.” Philippians 4:6

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight.” Proverbs 3: 5-6

Life has so many unknowns, but me being worried was robbing me of the joy I should be feeling right now. It was keeping me from fully trusting in God and his plan. 

Being a Christian doesn't make me perfect, and I think sometimes we can tend to gloss over the difficult times in our lives, thinking if we show weakness, it makes God anything less than perfect. This reminds me of what Paul said in 2 Corinthians 12:9-11 "But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."  Therefore I will boast all the more gladly in my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weakness, insults, hardships, persecution, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 

Our weaknesses, hardships, and calamities are part of the reason why we need God. He remains faithful to us and is there to carry our burdens. I hope you can find comfort in this today.


I'll tell you what, Kendra Scott jewelry is totally my jam. Since getting to try Rocksbox  I've gotten to try and keep quite a few pieces, such as Rayne NecklaceConnie Necklace, this Elisa Pendant Necklace I'm wearing today. The quality is phenomenal and I love the necklaces that are more delicate right now. I also just got this Arden Bracelet in my newest box. I think it'll be a great versatile piece. I'm kind of over stacking bracelets, so having a few great stand alone bracelets will be nice.

The coolest thing about Rocksbox is that I can try all these pieces before deciding to keep them, and all the pieces in my Rocksbox are about 20% off retail if I choose to keep them. They also have a great referral program, so each Rocksbox member gets credits to spend when friends sign up, that means free jewelry! It normally cost $19 a month, but you get a $10 credit towards any purchases. You can also send the box back and forth as many times as you want each month. I'm really loving getting to try it out and you can try it free for a month too. Just go to Rocksbox and use code "newfavoriteoutfitxoxo" at checkout.


Here's a peek at my Arden Bracelet, I really like it!


Top: Target same
Jeans: Old Navy (maternity) same (normal) similar
Jewelry: Kendra Scott c/o Rocksbox Elisa Pendant Necklace / Arden Bracelet
Heels: Franco Sarto via thredUP (use this thredUP link to get $10 off your first order)

Linking up with:


11 comments:

  1. You are so good at finding the silver lining! I am praying for you too! I love your gorgeous top and jewelry! That dainty necklace is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Ginny I prayed for you this morning. I am sorry you don't feel well and you are experiencing some anxiety. God has it under control(: I kept my Arden bracelet too(: Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can definitely relate to your anxiety. I went through the same things after having a miscarriage between our older two. Praying that your anxiety would cease and you could soak up this precious time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending so much love your way and thinking happy, healthy pregnancy thoughts for you!! <3

    Her Heartland Soul
    http://herheartlandsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking good thoughts for you! Kendra Scott has very pretty jewelry...but I haven't splurged yet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh! Congratulations Ginny! I'm sending my thoughts your way friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH My gosh! Congratulation and about worrying that is what makes you know you are alive. I tell women all the time who worry through pregnancy roll with it because the joy of seeing your little one is worth it.
    I can't wait to see how you style the bump!

    xo, Jessica || The Petite Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your 2nd pregnancy. Life is so uncertain and worrying about the things we have no control over doesn't benefit us. (I completely preach to myself). Your top is lovely, you look great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats!!!! I will be praying for an easy pregnancy and a healthy baby!

    http://elementsofellis.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats wonderful news Ginny! God is good!
    Rachelxo

    Garay Treasures

    ReplyDelete