Clothed with Grace: Getting Real

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Getting Real

This last month has been pretty rough. We have been so excited about my pregnancy, but man, I haven't felt like myself. My normal routine of getting up at 5:30, having breakfast and coffee while doing my devotions has not been going well either. I'm so tired and nauseous I can't even attempt to eat until I've been up for a few hours and coffee isn't happening either. So, that means, I'm sitting, trying to stay awake, while feeling nauseous, trying to do devotions. To say it's not going well would be an understatement.

The good news is, I usually begin to feel more like a normal person by about 10:00, although the tiredness just stays with me. I also am not enjoying getting dressed and have been tell me I don't look like myself on a daily basis, or they ask if I feel ok. No, no I don't. I know the first trimester can be the roughest, I think it's just rougher this time because I already have a child and can't just come home and sleep and leave Brian to fend for himself the way I did with my first pregnancy.

Today is the last day I have to be at school, so I am very thankful for summer, but with it comes a bit of anxiety. I don't want to be a slug all morning and have Grant be entertained by T.V. and simply playing solo. I'm hoping I begin to feel more like myself, and when I can take advantage of nap time each day, I'm thinking that will help too. I'm needing to revise my schedule to find a new time slot for devotions, as I now plan to sleep until 7:00 each morning, which will be a real treat. Maybe I'll be able to do them while Grant is watching a cartoon, or maybe they'll have to wait until nap time, but regardless, there needs to be a time slot.

I was reminded today while reading She Reads Truth of God's faithfulness to us, regardless of the season of life we are in. Whether we are exhausted, anxious, overwhelmed, or up to our neck in the a situation we can't control, God remains faithful!

Lamentations 3: 22-24 reminds us:

"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;

his mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,
“therefore I will hope in him.”

I hope these words encourage you today, as they do me. Every part of life has a season, and He's with us throughout them all!



One highlight of my week was getting my newest Rocksbox. I have to say, this one is my favorite so far. I adore this Sandra Pendant Necklace and am keeping it for sure. I also got a fun bracelet from Margaret Elizabeth.

If you're not familiar with Rocksbox it's a fun monthly jewelry service.  It normally cost $19 a month, but you get a $10 credit towards any purchases. You can also send the box back and forth as many times as you want each month. I'm really loving getting to try it out and you can try it free for a month too. Just go to Rocksbox and use code "newfavoriteoutfitxoxo" when signing up.


Dress: Old Navy same
Jacket: similar
Jewelry: Rocksbox c/o necklacebracelet 
Shoes: Aerosoles

Linking up with:

11 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon! And happy summer...we still have another month. Loving the color of your dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for that verse - It was exactly what I needed to hear today! Funny how God knew that! I am praying for you and hope your morning sickness ends soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That necklace is gorgeous with your yellow dress. I agree-it's a keeper! I can't imagine how hard it is to go through pregnancy (especially first trimester) with a little one. Hang in there-it's probably going to be better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just downloaded the She Reads Truth to my phone. I would really like to get back to my quiet time and Bible study this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang in there, Ginny! I remember wondering if I'd ever feel like a normal person again. I can't even imagine having to take care of another little one during that time. Mad props for you! It will get better soon, and I'm sure your energy will start to come back. Just be easy on yourself and follow the advice you'd tell a friend:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Time flies, you will get some rest as The Lord knows what you need. Have a great Thursday!
    Rachelxo

    Garay Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the cute yellow dress with denim jacket! Thank you for sharing and hang in there!


    Happy Medley

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you start feeling better soon!! <3

    Her Heartland Soul
    http://herheartlandsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you are feeling better soon! Don't be too hard on yourself. It will all work out(: I love you in yellow and that pendant necklace is fabulous! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girl, I have been feeling the same exact way lately. My nausea has just seemed to go away tonight for the first time in umm.. 6 days? I used to do the same as you and enjoy my breakfast and coffee while reading my bible, but I haven't been able to. I just can't seem to look at words when I'm feeling that bad. Praying you feel better soon! You're so close to the second trimester!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sorry you've been having such a rough month. :( Hopefully it will get better soon. I love this outfit! You look just as stylish as always. :)
    Unique Geek

    ReplyDelete