Clothed with Grace: Giving Credit

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Giving Credit

Like I mentioned last week, I've started doing The Armor of God Bible study and I'm loving it.  Ever since seeing The War Room and starting the study I've really been working on my prayer life. No more generic prayers: I'm trying to pray specifically and fervently.  One of the things I've been really praying about it for peace in our home and for Hannah to feel loved and safe...specially in her crib. And you know what, going down for naps is a whole lot better.

Here's where the Devil tries to sneak in though, I start to feel pretty good about myself and my mothering skills.  Look at me figure her out, look at me read when she's ready for bed, look at me realizing that her fussing for a few minutes before I reassure her makes her sleep so much more easily. Look. At. Me. 

But didn't I say I've been praying for Hannah to feel loved and safe in her crib? Why should I take the credit???? That, however, is exactly what the enemy wants. He wants us to take the credit, to build ourselves up, to trust in ourselves instead of trusting in God.

Well, I say no thank you. I believe God hears our prayers and also answers them, and my goodness, I need to give credit where it is due, and in doing so, I take the power away from the Devil and give it back to God.

What about your life? Where are you taking credit for something that isn't yours to take? Give it where it is due, I know it'll be worth it!


Another casual outfit today. I'm loving these long-sleeved tees from Target. I didn't get the black and white stripe one, but now I'm kicking myself because now my local Target is sold out.  These tees are perfect for my casual days at home, but I love the idea of layering a denim jacket over it. It's perfect for running out for quick errands with Hannah.



Top: Merona same
Denim Jacket: Gap via thredUP similar
Leggings: Target same
Shoes: Vionic c/o same

7 comments:

  1. This really hit home for me! You're so right that I need to be thanking God more for listening to my prayers than just thinking it's something I did. Everly has usually done a great job of going to sleep when we put her in her crib and not crying. Lately, though, she starts screaming when we put her to sleep for the night. Last night it was like a light bulb went off in my head. We started feeding her rice cereal the other week and that seems like around the same time she started crying more at night. I wonder if it's making her stomach upset. I patted myself on the back for thinking of it, but really it feels more like God placing the idea into my head to think about. Not sure if it's the answer, but we're going to change up things tonight to see:) Thanks for the thoughts to ponder and as always you look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so well said--it's easy to pray for the things we need (patience is what I really need right now), and when things start to go well we seem to forget to be thankful or give credit where credit is due!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute look! Love the green striped shirt with this dark denim jacket.

    https://forsevenseasons.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's funny...I read this post this morning. And tonight it was still up on my phone so I reglanced at the content and was like oh my gosh, I did this today even AFTER I read your post. We've been potty training, which has caused my son's naps to shorten quite a bit. I finally started praying about more success potty training and also that he would get the amount of sleep he needs during the day. Fast forward to his 3 hour nap and I'm texting my husband that I must've really worn him out this morning because he slept so long, nearly twice as long as the past week's naps!

    ReplyDelete