Clothed with Grace: The War Room

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

The War Room

When Brian and I were in the hospital with Hannah one night we rented The War Room.  I'd been wanting to see it, and it didn't disappoint.  The premise of the movie is that in the midst of any struggle, you need to wage your war with prayer.  It was a powerful look at how prayer can transform your life.  

1 Thessalonians 5: 16-18 says: "Rejoice always. Pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."

I mentioned on Monday's post that I felt like my devotion time was not super focused lately.  I think some of that has been the anticipation of Hannah and the changes in our life. However, it's during these changes that my prayer and devotional life should be stronger and more focused, not less.  I definitely feel a need to refocus on my devotion time and my prayer life too. I want to "pray without ceasing" and be in constant communication with God.  It's through this he'll help me to refocus on the right things and cause me to be a better mother and wife too.

I'm working on my list to constant prayers and also working to use the time I have nursing Hannah to be in prayer.


I got this blouse when I was down in Kansas City visiting my sister right around Thanksgiving.  I totally took a chance on it because I was nine months pregnant. I actually tried it on and laughed, but then figured it would fit once Hannah was here, so I took a change and got it.  One thing I've noticed is my lack of casual(ish) tops to wear while I'm on maternity leave that are long enough for leggings and easy for nursing. I'm glad I got this, because it fits my needs perfectly! I tried to find it online, but it's boutique specific and couldn't find one that wasn't wholesale, sorry!


Top: 12 PM by Mon Ami
Necklace: Kendra Scott similar
Earrings: Nickel and Suede same
Leggings: Old Navy same
Boots: Marc Fisher same

Linking up with:

10 comments:

  1. I love this top! I've heard great things about War Room and am hoping to see it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute top! I love the floral print on the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the movie review on War Room. On my list as well. You look adorable and I love the turquoise necklace against the gray!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty top! Perfect for this phase in your life!

    Becky
    bybmg

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so inspiring and look fantastic! I love the pop of color the florals add in this top. Hope you're having a great day and getting lots of baby snuggles in:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the top--the floral print looks very similar to some styles they have at Pink Blush. I'm trying to focus more time on prayer as well...I feel so tense and fearful of this big life change that will be happening, and I know I need that for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how that necklace repeats colors of the blouse.
    And those boots....love them

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your top is so fun, love the colorful pop of print!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the top!!! Does the boutique have a website???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it a few months ago and couldn't find it online that wasn't for a boutique to buy in bulk, sorry!

      Delete