Clothed with Grace: Food for Thought

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Food for Thought

Last week I saw this video on my Facebook feed. It's all about how we as adults talk to kids and it specifically was talking about the school setting. You should seriously take two minutes to watch it! It really made me think. As teachers and adults in general, we make such an impression on the children we teach, as well as our own children (obviously).

We can easily get annoyed at our students and our children, but how we respond has such power over how they feel about themselves. I notice that it's usually pretty easy to keep my cool with my students, but I can easily lose it with Grant at home. I want Grant to know he is loved, so my words and actions should be showing that. 1 John 4:19 says, "We love because he first loved us." God has always loved me, even though I don't deserve it, so I'm really out of excuses when it comes to showing love to others.

My current goal is to make my interactions with my students, as well as at home show love, even when I don't feel like it. No excuses.


I've been wearing this top like crazy. I wore this to church recently and ended up adding a white cardigan, since it was a cool morning. These red pants are also one of my favorite purchases this summer, I've been wearing them nearly each week, and hope to carry them into the fall too.



Top: SheIn c/o same
 Pants: Loft same 
Earrings: Nickel and Suede same
Necklace: Stella and Dot
Shoes: Target DV similar

2 comments: