Clothed with Grace: In the Groove

Monday, August 22, 2016

In the Groove

Ok, I'm going to say it, I feel like we're getting into a predictable routine around with the house. Brian and I are getting into a flow of getting everyone out of the house by about 7:15. My days at school fly by, then I'm able to get the kids around 4:00, come home, play with the kids, then get dinner ready while Hannah takes a nap.  I'd really hoped she'd be down to two naps by now, but her naps at daycare are not great, whomp whomp, so girlfriend is tired come 5:00.Then, it's time for me to cook dinner and clean up the kitchen. Then, we eat as a family once Brian is home. Hannah is up at 6:00, and it's dinner for her, baths for the kids, then some playing before bedtime. That leaves about two hours for Brian and I before it's time for us to go to bed.

If you'd asked me last spring is I felt like I was in a groove, the answer would be a resounding no. I was stressed about getting dinner cooked and totally exhausted from being up at night with Hannah. Now that she (pretty much) is sleeping through the night I feel like a new person! There is light at the end of the sleep deprived tunnel! I feel like we are finally getting this "family of four" thing figured about and I know I'm doing a much better job of "letting" Brian help, and he's doing a much better job of taking on tasks with the kiddos too.

There are plenty of times when #momminainteasy , but man, we need to celebrate when times are good, then remember them once they get tough again too.



A little note, I tried to take pictures Saturday and it was windy and gross. The picture above was a one take shot by Grant Sunday morning, and it was way better than any picture I tried on Saturday. The two below are from Saturday. I switched up the jewelry above and and didn't pull my hair back. Real life, people. :)

I just got this dress in the mail and love it! The style is fun and flattering, and the quality is great too. For reference, I got a medium.  Also, let's talk about these shoes for a minute, they are the best! I had a 30% off coupon for our local department store, so that helped with the price, but I think they will be worth every penny. I'm not sure if it's getting older, or what, but heels and I just aren't getting along like we used to. I'm pretty sure these will be on constant rotation!




Dress: SheIn c/o same
Necklace: Kendra Scott c/o Rocksbox same
Bracelet: Kendra Scott c/o Rocksbox same
Earrings: Nickel and Suede same
Shoes: Sam Edelman same

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness- this dress is adorable!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous of your groove! We're not quite there yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really have to place an order with SheIn soon! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete