Clothed with Grace: Thanks!

Monday, August 1, 2016

Thanks!

First off, thanks for all your thoughts on my Norstrom post on Friday, I'm glad I'm not alone! I feel like so much of life is about balance. That doesn't mean everything needs to be equal, but that we spend our time and energy in the right places. When too much is spend in the wrong areas, everything around you suffers. I am so far from perfect, but working to use the time I'm given well. It's so great to hear that so many of you feel the same way. : )


 I wore this one day last week, but plan to wear it for one of our work day's before school start. I love the pattern mixing and jewel tones are my jam!



Top: J.Crew factory similar / Shorts: Loft similar / Necklace: Stella and Dot / Earrings: Nickel and Suede same / Shoes: DV (Target) similar

I recently was sent this kimono, and although the quality is good, it is only one size and I'm not sure how well I like it as part of this outfit. I loved how the shirt looked above, so I thought this might be good. I feel like there is a fine line between looking stylish and looking like you're wearing a bathrobe when it comes to a kimono. Anyone with me? I'm not giving up on it it, but it's the pits when you look in the mirror and like what you see, then when you see it in pictures, you're not so sure. 




8 comments:

  1. I've been reading your blog for a year or two now and we have zilch in common as I am a few years older and my kids are grown! :-) However, I do like seeing your outfit posts because they give me inspiration with my own outfits. Sometimes I get in a rut and wear the same things over and over, I've even bought some of the same things that you own. I'm a huge Ebay/Goodwill shopper myself. BTW, your kids are adorable so post them all you want! AMY

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could have written Amy's post--totally agree with her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also agree, with Amy. I follow some of the "big" bloggers, and I may or may not read them. I ALWAYS make sure to read your blog when I see a new post. Thanks for being you and doing what you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, what a great compliment!

      Delete
  4. I also agree, with Amy. I follow some of the "big" bloggers, and I may or may not read them. I ALWAYS make sure to read your blog when I see a new post. Thanks for being you and doing what you do.

    ReplyDelete