Clothed with Grace: Christmas

Monday, December 26, 2016

Christmas

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas with your families! We did. It was busy as can be, but I love seeing everyone and the joy both Hannah and Grant have during this time too.

On Christmas Eve we went to my parents' house, which is our usual tradition. I think my mom felt like we were packed in like sardines, but other than my mom brain trying to keep track of two kids, I had a great time. My husband was there, but not feeling great, so the kid to parent ratio was not in my favor ; )

Grandma picked out Grant some new Under Armor and Old Navy dry fit clothes, along with Grant's very first pair of Chucks. He was soooo excited. He also got this sweet dark gun. I'm pretty sure this one is going to "round out his collection." I'm hoping so anyway.


We went to 5:30 service at my home church. It's been a long time since I've been there, as the 11:30 service doesn't work very well with kids, but they added a 5:30- smart thinking! Being back there brought back a lot of fond memories. I snapped this from the back during Children's time while Hannah toddled back are forth from one side of the church to the other. Thank goodness this was a kid friendly service!


Grant was sooooo excited Christmas morning at home. Hannah woke at about 6:30 and Brian got in the shower. While I was getting Hannah her bottle Grant checked out his stocking and put together his Lego Avenger guy. He was pretty excited!


He was also really helpful in helping Hannah open her presents too, it was pretty cute. : ) Oh, and he's dressed in his new Under Armor shirt. He laid out his outfit the night before on his floor, so he'd be ready for the morning. #kidcracksmeup


One of Grant's favorite gifts was this Star Wars set. We started it yesterday and it's the biggest set he's gotten so far. It'll keep him busy for awhile, which is great!


Hannah was given a number of Grant's old toys as presents, but she did get a few new things. One of her favorite's is this picnic basket from her Aunt Chelsea.


#thatsideeyethough


I snapped this in the morning because last year I snapped a similar one with Hannah only a few days old. It's crazy to think that a year has already passed! Now she's in the bathroom with me, as she's not taking a morning nap. I used to wait until her nap to get ready, that no longer works. So now I give her a snack and she moves around like a tiny tornado looking at every non-toy available while I get ready. So fun....for her.


We took a family photo, but it was at like 4:00 after a very busy day. I probably should have brushed my hair or actually looked in the mirror. I also love how the only person wearing shoes in Hannah. We are so cool. ; )


Our day wound down with some more Lego building....


....and Hannah played with some of her new toys too. I love this princess castle and the Cinderella carriage too. I bought them for "Hannah" because I knew how much she'd love them....


The kids had a great time, and so did we. The have all kinds of new news to keep them busy over Christmas break. : )

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a perfect Christmas celebration!! The kids are so adorable and sweet to each other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lego building... what Christmas memories are made of!

    ReplyDelete