Clothed with Grace: The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Thursday, December 8, 2016

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

It will probably come to no surprise, but Christmas is one of my favorite times of the year! I seems extra special now that we celebrate Hannah's birthday so close to it! I love getting the tree decorated!




I love hanging the stockings from the mantle too!



Last year I found this Melissa and Doug countdown calendar that's magnetic. You take off an ornament each day and this chalkboard from the dollar spot at Target too. The anticipation for Christmas day just gets me so excited!



I also love putting out holiday decor!


Every year Grant and I decorate a gingerbread house too! It's crazy to think that Hannah will help next year!



I can get so caught up in all the "stuff" of Christmas that I don't always stop and remember why we celebrate it in the first place. Jesus came to the earth to rescue us from ourselves. So, in the remaining weeks leading up to Christmas I'm going to enjoy and appreciate the songs, the decorations, the presents, and the activities, but I'm going to keep in mind what Christmas is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment