Clothed with Grace: Everything You Do

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Everything You Do

I've been a big Steven Curtis Chapman fan since I was I high school, I even got to sing in the choir at my church back up to him about a year ago when he came to town for a Christmas concert. My new favorite song by him is Do Anything, the message of the song is clear, whatever you do, big or small matters and to do everything to give glory to God. The song is super catchy and easy to sing along to, but when you stop and think about the lyrics, there is a lot of power in those words. I'd love for you to take a few minutes to watch the video, email subscribers can watch it here.

            

So often I have my own agenda during the day and my own plans. I spend time in his word pretty much everyday, but I don't think I make dinner, pick up the house, or change Hannah's diaper ever with the purpose behind it to give glory to God. It can get so easy to get caught up on the chores of the day and I've gotten very used to staying home these last few months. I'm around so few people regularly and it seems like my zone of influence is nearly nonexistent, but the people that God put closest in my life- my family are there each day. My influence is great and my attitude is definitely impactful. What if I began to do EVERYTHING to the glory of God? The laundry, cleaning the kitchen, playing with the kids, and spending time with Brian. I know it would impact my attitude and their lives as well. It's something I'm really working to do, and I encourage you to do as well. I bet it will make the menial daily tasks better and the parts that are already good even better!



I got back to work a week from tomorrow and having been kind of chomping at the bit to wear my dressy clothes again! This outfit is set aside to wear then, as it doesn't really make since for staying at home with Hannah. ; ) A few years ago I had a white and navy striped blazer, but it did not wear well and looking worn out very quickly, so I was excited when I was shopping with credits on thredUp (Use this link to get $10 off your first purchase). It's from Gap and looks brand new, I really like this similar one too.


Blazer: Gap similar via thredUp (Use this link to get $10 off your first purchase)
Top: Loft similar
Skirt: Merona similar
Necklace: Stella and Dot same
Heels: Merona similar

Linking up with:
What I Wore Wednesday

Even though there is snow in these pictures, it has melted since I took these last week and we have had some pretty warm weather. It has me thinking of spring, and I love these shirts below to get me in the mood, best part- they are all under $20!


Floral Print

1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6

2 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog, Ginny! I love how you aren't ashamed of your faith and exalt Christ's love. You're a great role model :)

    God bless,
    Edye // Gracefulcoffee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete