Hannah is officially seven weeks old tomorrow and like I said, we've getting adjusted to our new normal at home. Today I thought I'd share some tips for how to feel like yourself again after having a baby.
1. Get ready each day. The first priority I made was to shower and do my hair and make-up each day during Hannah's first nap. Even if you don't leave the house, I swear you'll feel better!
2. Do something for yourself each day, like read a book, work on a hobby you love, find an outlet other then mindlessly scrolling though Facebook and Instagram each day. Time for yourself is essential!
3. Try to leave the house each day, even if it's just for a short time. A quick trip to Target or the store can really help break up a long day, and some days will feel really long!
4. Prioritize things around the house. The first thing you'll realize about being home all day is that the house is ALWAYS needing cleaned. Seriously. I try to stay on top of dishes and laundry, but everything else gets done as needed. The days of cleaning the whole house on Saturday morning are gone. Pick one priority each day, and know you always have tomorrow.
5. Make quality time with your husband a priority. I know for me once the kids are in bed for the evening I really just want to go to bed too, but try to stay connected with your hubby. There's no way this can happen nightly for me, but a movie night or just spending some time talking, even if it's about the kids, is worth it. We're planning for first date night in a few weeks and I know we're really looking forward to it!
6. See your girlfriends. You made time for them before, now you might not be able to see them as often now, but a coffee date or a play date could bring some much needed sanity to your life. In my experience, other mommas are the most encouraging, just when you need it!
7. Remember, no one is perfect. You weren't perfect before the baby came, so why would you be now. Just like you had bad days before, they will happen again, and it's ok. You and your baby get to start fresh tomorrow!
8. Lastly, get your butt to the gym. I had my doctor's appointment have been cleared to do normal activity. Getting back to the gym will get us out of the house, and it'll give me a bit of time to myself while Hannah is in the gym daycare. Plus, I know it'll help my energy level!
As for my outfit today, I also love to wear "cute" clothes to the gym and this top, these shoes, and these capris from Tulip Boutique in Kansas city make working out even better! I'm in love with these capris Tulip sent over, they are really high quality and so fun!
This month I'm taking part in Tulip's "Tulip with a Twist," please take a minute to stop by Tulip Boutique's Facebook page and vote for me! Thanks!!
Top: Target same
Capris: Tulip Boutique c/o same
Shoes: Asics c/o Rackroom Shoes same