Clothed with Grace: Chevron and Confessions

Monday, July 7, 2014

Chevron and Confessions

Confession Time: I didn't actually wear this cardigan with this outfit to church.  Instead I wore an ill-fitting one in the same color that I needed to donate like three years ago.  I just couldn't do it, because I loved the color.  Then, I found this cobalt cardigan right after church at J.Crew Factory for $10.  Sayonara old ill-fitting cardigan.

Confession Time: I have a hard time buying dressy clothes in the summer because I only dress up once a week for church, although I much prefer dressing to casual outfits.  However, on the same trip to J.Crew Factory I found this print dress for $20.  I couldn't pass it up.

Confession Time: I really don't like how short I look in this outfit, but I felt great wearing it, so I'm posting it anyway. I sometimes miss just feeling good in clothes, pictures can sometimes take way from that.



Cardigan: J.Crew Factory same 
Shirt: Target 
Skirt: JCP dress version
Necklace: Edith Marie Jewelry same
Bracelets: Stella and Dot same / same
Shoes: Target same


13 comments:

  1. This is a great look, and it's awesome that you found such a great replacement cardigan for so little! In the summer, I at least try to buy things that I can wear during the summer months and dress up a little when I go back to work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your chevron skirt...glad you were able to find a great replacement for your cardi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cardigan is such a gorgeous color and a great deal! I love it with your skirt!

    xo,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that color against the black and white! I know what you mean about keeping old, ill fitting clothes just because you like the color. I'm guilty of that, too. Glad that you were able to find a perfect replacement!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You find amazing deal at J Crew Factory! I wish there was one closer to us! I love the cobalt and chevron together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If someone ever tries throwing you into the ocean while you're wearing this skirt, a shark won't attack you. I learned from one of the science teachers at my school that they've done experiments with sharks. They won't attack as he says "zig zag black and white patterns" (or, to us, "chevron") because it messes with their eyesight. There's your fun fact for the day. Also, you always look great with your shirts outside of your maxi skirts, but it always looks so weird on me. I must be getting shirts that are too long.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need a cardi in that same color and a chevron black+white maxi. You're the third one I am seeing wearing one today and I am even more in love with a chevron maxi skirt, now. Looking great for church. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like you got some great deals at J.Crew Factory! Colorful cardigans are probably the most worn items in my closet :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you look lovely Ginny! The colors and patterns are so great and you don't look short at all! And that cardi for $10?! Amazing find!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok, so I have the same color cardigan and I have a chevron maxi skirt. Both have been sitting in my closet for the longest time and now that I'm seeing these on you, I feel motivated to wear them. Love the color of that cardigan, I'm just drawn to all shades of blue. You look great and btw, you don't look short at all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty Ginny. Loving that maxi skirt.

    Agi:)

    vodkainfusedlemonade.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I feel like I look short in maxi dresses/skirts too, its ok! They are so comfy and cute, I'm not going to stop wearing them.

    -AJ
    OccasionallyAJ.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. We're twinning again! I just bought that exact cardigan from JCF and wore it last week in an almost identical outfit (my black/white striped pencil skirt). I love the color of the cardigan!!

    ReplyDelete