Clothed with Grace: Keeping it Casual

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Keeping it Casual

Recently Brian, Grant and I ran out to the outlet mall.  Brian has wanted a Tommy Bahama shirt for a long time and thought he'd check out their sale.  I just wanted an easy outfit to wear and have been wearing my denin jackets like crazy.  It's been unseasonably cool and the extra layer has been great.  I was excited to wear my new necklace sent over by Edith Marie Jewelry.  I love the combo of the teal from the necklace and red from my shorts. 

As for the outlet mall, Brian didn't find a shirt he wanted but I, of course, found this top and this tank for great weekend sale prices.

Grant wanted to pose for pictures too, so there's a fun shot of him down below.  He's wearing a button up because he wanted to be "handsome," and insisted on buttoning the top button.  Who am I to argue with personal style. ;)

Also, Andi at Just Another Smith asked me to co-host her monthly link-up next week.  This month's theme is "shorts."  So, if you've planning to wear shorts next week, link up with us!




Denim Jacket: The Limited similar
Sweater: Express similar
Shorts: F21similar
Necklace: Edith Marie Jewelry c/o same
Bracelets Stella and Dot same / same 
Shoes: Merona same

Linking up with:

21 comments:

  1. Look at your handsome man(: I love this outfit and I think I am going to recreate it this weekend! I have a similar sweater that I bought at my neighbor's yard sale a few years ago - $1 for a Banana Republic sweater!! I linked up today! I have two amazing give aways this week! Be sure to stop by! Blessings! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, how sweet;) Those photographs turned out so great;)
    Wish you a great day ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that your lil man got in on the fun- y'all are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh little man is so handsome! Love your new necklace. And you better believe I'll be joining you and Andi next week, I'm absolutely living in shorts everyday right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this look! Great color combo! And of course Grant is super cute also!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ginny, once again you are rocking another shorts ensemble. Recently I am wearing my shorts a lot too, like in the last post. I also love your necklace and sandals. I own a very similar necklace (from my latest post you will see it) and similar sandals but mine are a dark patent leather red.

    The picture of you and Grant is the absolute sweetest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this outfit, the shorts and stripes are great together! And your sweet boy smiling is the cutest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your little sidekick's look too!
    Marie @ In Our Happy Place

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute outfit Ginny. Gorgeous necklace. Your son is too cute.

    Agi:)

    vodkainfusedlemonade.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the teal and red together! That's such a pretty necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think Grant is onto something with that top button done! He looks quite dapper!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's unseasonably cold here, too! Love those bright shorts and that necklace is beautiful! You always find the best stuff:) Great picture of you, too:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. If he couldn't find a shirt, that just means more shopping for you :) Grant is so darn adorable and a handsome little guy! The buttoned up all the way look is so stylish!

    http://kacieskloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. JCF does indeed have the best weekend sales! I really like both pieces you bought!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is three of my favorites rolled up into one outfit, a striped tee, denim jacket and a pop of color. What's not to love about this look?! :-) ~Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  16. You both look great! Hasn't this weather been wonderful??

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the blue and yellow together with the necklace and your red shorts are a nice color choice. Your son looks adorable.
    from the link up
    please stop by, jess
    http://www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is a fantastic outfit, you look great! I absolutely love that necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your little man is adorable!

    -AJ
    OccasionallyAJ.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely gorgeous outfits,you team denim jackets so fantastic

    ReplyDelete