Clothed with Grace: Pink and Stripes with thredUP

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Pink and Stripes with thredUP

I recently tried thredUP for the first time. I think I'm a little slow to jump on the bandwagon, but ordering online and I haven't always gotten along.  I never know what size to order, of if it'll fit right. However, I feel like I'm getting to know my body better, and the way specific brands fit, so when an Instagram friends shared a 40% off code with me I decided to take a chance. Honestly, I feel silly for not trying it earlier.  Like-new clothes + great prices = right up my alley.

When looking at thredUP, I immediately liked that I could search by my size and choose special brands to search as well, like my favorites such as GapMeronaLoftJ.Crew, and J.Crew Factory. I could also just choose to search tops matching my size and brand, or dresses, etc.  

 thredUP also let me search for a special item. I've really been wanting a leopard print skirt and ended up getting this one for $3.  Today I'm wearing another find, this brand new Gap blazer, which I picked up for $12.  If you're interested, there are a bunch of other cute Gap blazers available too.

The last piece I chose was a cute eyelet tank from J.Crew which set me back a whole $3.  Overall, I'm really excited about the shopping possibilities.  If you haven't signed up yet, you can sign up here to get $10 off your first order and I'll get a $10 referral credit too.  

Today's look was inspired by Andi at Just Another Smith. She wore it yesterday and I was excited to try it, being I'd just gotten my thredUp box and couldn't wait to wear the blazer.  I wore this with Grant to go the the movies.  I love the $2 summer movie special here and it's a nice treat for Grant. Are you wearing shorts today? Link up with Andi and I down below. : )



Blazer: Gap (thredUP) similar
Shirt: F21similar
Shorts: Kohls similar
Necklace: The Forward Fashionista same
Shoes: Sam and Libby (last summer) similar


17 comments:

  1. So super cute! I need to check out ThredUP...could be dangerous! Love the bright pink against your stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blazer, and that necklace is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I have heard great things about thredUP from a lot of people, I need to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha you, Andi and Bryn are twins or I guess triplets. LOL I think you wore it best though. Looking so sexy in this shorts outfit. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the outfit. That blazer is gorgeous and I'm loving that necklace.

    Agi:)

    vodkainfusedlemonade.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a great find
    i just didn't have any luck when i browsed over there
    it is probably a thing you need to do on a regular basis
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  7. I recently discovered ThredUp too and I love it! Such cute things at such great prices! Very cute outfit! I think I need to pull out some pink and stripes too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thred Up is the best! I find so many good things on there! But you are right about fit, after a few items that were not actually my size, I stick to brands I know!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ThredUP is great! I love that they are partnering with bloggers right now. It's a neat concept and way to spread how awesome they are. I also really like twice clothing. Same kind of online thrifting design.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm getting more and more tempted to try ThredUp. I am nervous for the same reasons you mentioned, but I think if I stick to the brands that I know, I'd be okay on sizing. Anyway, this looks like the exact same blazer that I got. Too funny! I love this look with those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I order online ALLLLLLLL the time but I just haven't tried ThredUP yes. I need to do taht!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am a thredUP junkie. I send them so much stuff that I've almost bought something that I actually sent in, hahaha. I got all of the women at the post office excited about it; they were writing the address down in their phones. Ahhh. Awesome. Anyway, pretty colored blazer!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this look, the pink looks fantastic with the stripes, and those shoes were a perfect addition to the look! I usually like to stick with brands I'm familiar with when shopping through ThredUp. It's a great site!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm seeing a lot of this hot pink paired with stripes and I love it! This is such a cute dressed up shorts outfit. Love those sandals! ~Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's no secret that I love me some ThredUp! You found some great pieces--I have my eye on a few of those Gap blazers you linked to as well...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my, that blazer looks lovely on you Ginny! I have yet to try thredUP because my sizing is all over the place. I'm glad you had such good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the dressy shorts look! And I'm dying over that necklace!!

    -AJ
    OccasionallyAJ.com

    ReplyDelete