Clothed with Grace: Tomato Cucumber Salad

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Tomato Cucumber Salad

Today I decided to share another recipe with you all, and it happens to be one of my favorite side dishes, tomato cucumber salad.  Now, I have to admit this side was foreign to me until I met my husband about eight years ago.  His mom cooks for a living and is excellent at it.  His dad also always has a huge garden, and there is always a plethora veggies on hand at any given time.  One time when we were down visiting she make a version of this side and I was hooked.

Brian and I have made a few additions to her recipe, so I thought I'd share it with you all today! We enjoyed it with filets and corn on the cob, the perfect summer meal in my opinion.



This recipe serves 6-8 people, so if you're planning to take it to a gathering or BBQ, I'd double the recipe.

Ingredients:
1 medium sized cucumber
2 roma tomatoes
1/4 cup white sweet onion
2 stalks green onions
2 TBS olive or canola oil
4-6 TBS white or red wine vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 TBS sugar

Directions:
After washing the vegetables slice cucumber and tomatoes into small pieces.  (We also peel the skin off the cucumber; your choice.) Chop sweet onion and green onion into fine pieces. Add all of these to a mixing bowl.
Add olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper to mixture and stir.
Lastly add sugar and stir again.  The sugar helps cut the vinegar taste and pull the perfect sweetness to the salad.
Refrigerate for two hours before serving.
Enjoy!



8 comments:

  1. This sounds great for summer meals. Easy and delicious is my favorite haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make a similar dish and it is so refreshing in the summer! I love it! I will have to try it with green onions next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Easy and simple. I love salads and am an excellent salad chef. I make my own tomato+cucumber salad that I will post soon. =)

    This sounds perfect for Summer or any season actually.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is hands down my favorite summer eats. It goes with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds delicious for summer!
    xo,
    Jacqueline
    stylininstlouis.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy ! Amazing receipe!

    Would you like to follow each other ?

    Kisses,

    Emily from PTT

    ReplyDelete