Clothed with Grace: Graphic Prints

Friday, July 25, 2014

Graphic Prints

 I'd be lying if I said I didn't freak out a little bit when I found ikat tank on special for $4 at J.Crew Factory recently.

 I'd be lying if I said I kept this white denim jacket on for very long.  I wore this outfit for a play date at the splash park and the extra layer was wishful thinking, it was hot and my shoulders now hate me, because I forgot to put on sunscreen.

I'd be lying if I said good hair days didn't influence how much I like an outfit and pictures. Seriously, if I like my hair, I like the outfit. Yep, totally weird. Also, I recently learned that after blowdrying you should do a cold shot of air all over your hair.  It closes the follicles (or something sciencey like that) and helps keep your hair from getting too big (#thickhairproblems).  This is the best tip, and it's really helped me have a lot more good hair days.

 I'd be lying if I said this has been a normal year for friendships.  I had three good friends move to other states with their families, and Brian and I switched community groups at church and lost some friendships in the process.  However, we've met some great new people and I'm really enjoying time with these new moms and their kids.  Grant and I spent time in the morning with a number of friends, then after lunch went swimming with another mom and her kids.  It was a great day!

Are you wearing shorts today? Link up with Andi and I down below. : ) Thanks to everyone who has joined the fun this week too!




Jacket: Merona same
Top: J.Crew Factory same
Necklace: Edith Marie Jewelry c/o same
Shorts: F21similar
Shoes: Merona same


16 comments:

  1. I am totally with you on a good hair day making my outfit photos a lot more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your tank! Another fabulous find!! You are the best thrifter and sale shopper!! And every day is a good hair day for you!!! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great outfit, I love these colors! And I am soooo with you about good hair days! Because vice-versa is true also, a bad hair day can make me feel like the whole look stinks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun tee! $4 is amazing! I chose two long-sleeved tops for the summer remix challenge and I'm barely wearing them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That ikat top is just adorable
    Love the colors
    Have a great weekend
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  6. What, what?! $4 for that top?! I need to go shopping with you, because you always find the best deals! Evolving friendships are hard. I especially think it's harder as an adult. When people move away and you have to put yourself out there again on the friend front, it can be daunting. I've really liked blogging for that reason--it's a great way to make new friends (even if you haven't met them in "real life") and get to know people. Hope you're having a great day, pretty lady!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, that tank is just perfect! My two favorite colors in one! I'm even having my blog redesigned with those colors. I think I need those shorts now too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE this tank top! The ikat trend is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, I saw that tank online and didn't think it was anything special, but I love it here! It looks awesome with the bright shorts and white jacket.

    Thanks again for co-hosting this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hear you with #thickhairproblems! With all these great deals from JCF, I think I need to hire you to shop for me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I NEED this tank top, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super fabulous find!! You sure don't need extra layers today...holy hot weather Nebraska!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh! Great tip on the cold shot or air for blow-drying.
    Love that top!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That top is so much fun! I just love how well put together each of your outfits are!
    xo,
    Jacqueline
    stylininstlouis.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love everything about this outfit! It's perfect!!! And I'm with you on the good hair days. If I hate my hair, I am not happy with the way I look at all.

    ReplyDelete
  16. lsm99 เว็บตรง ที่ได้รับความนิยมจากผู้คนทั่วโลก มีความมั่นคงสูงที่สุด เหมาะกับนักพนันที่ชื่นชอบการเสียงโชคทุดรูปแบบสมัครครั้งเดียวเล่นได้หมด
    1.บาคาร่า
    2.สล็อต
    3.เกมยิงปลา
    4.หวย

    ReplyDelete