Clothed with Grace: A Utility Vest Three Ways

Monday, January 20, 2014

A Utility Vest Three Ways



I'm excited to be collaborating with Heather at Style Journey and Inge at This Ever Evolving Life to show
you three ways to style a utility vest.  I've ogled over Heather and Inge's vests for quite sometime, but it just got my recently on super clearance at JC Penney and have been wearing it like crazy! The first time I wore it on the blog I wore it like this, and if you follow me on Instagram you've seen it a few times on there too.  Today I decided to pair it with my new navy striped dress I got from Gap for $6. New for $6. I actually laughed when she told me the total.  I wish a big thanks to whoever returned this gem, so I could get it for a steal. I'm crazy about this combo and love the gingham touch the button down adds too. Make sure to stop by Heather and Inge's blogs to get the details to their great looks too.











Vest: Ana at JC Penney $7 same
Dress: Gap $6 similar
Shirt: J.Crew Factory $25 similar
Necklace: Stella and Dot same
Bracelets: Stella and Dot RenegadeUrbane
Watch: Citizen same
Boots: Born (three years old) similar

Linking up with Lauren for Mix it Mondays

19 comments:

  1. $6?!?! You get the best deals! I would never have thought to pair a vest with a dress! So cute! I have a camo vest that I need to bring out into the mix!! Thanks for the daily dose! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the way you styled your Utility Vest. So Fabulous!! And what a great collaboration of three of my most favorite bloggers. I am pinning this, though I need a Vest like it first. =)

    Happy Monday!! Ada. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got such great deals on both of those pieces! Great idea pairing both of them together.

    Jess - J's Style

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is amazing! I really like the gingham with it, too! I love how all of you styled your vest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a fun collaboration, I love how you ladies styled your vests!! I can't believe you got that dress for $6, what an awesome deal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks great with all those layers!!! So classy!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love that shirt layered under the dress! you find the best deals!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great outfit Ginny. Loving all the layering and I love my olive vest. So versatile.


    Agi:)

    vodkainfusedlemonade.coom

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe that dress was just 6 bucks! So cute!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this look! Your stripes look amazing with your utility vest!! Such a fun look.
    oXo
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have the best vest collection! Love it with the striped dress!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great deal on that adorable dress! Love it with the vest!

    Amy
    Mariposa Medley Jewelry
    www.mariposamedley.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Do you ever put together an outfit that doesn't totally rock? Rhetorical. The answer is certainly no.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You ladies look fantastic, and I love how all 3 of you incorporated prints! I really like that you styled yours over a dress, because I think utility vests are so cute and unexpected with dresses and skirts.

    ~Jacy
    www.laviedelenore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great combo with the stripes - I need to bring my vest back out!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fantastic deal! I love the olive vest- such a neutral color- goes with everything and all three of you styled it so nicely!
    Valerie
    www.the-style-files.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gap has had some great sales recently! I got a dress the other day for $7, I think. Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Suuuper cute outfit, Ginny! I love the navy, olive, and cognac together! I will need to keep this in mind! :)

    ReplyDelete