Clothed with Grace: Scarves and Dresses

Monday, January 13, 2014

Scarves and Dresses

This dress is definitely one of my favorite pieces. I've worn it a number of times, but was kind of stuck on how to style it a different way until Lauren of Fizz and Frosting wore her leopard dress like this. I feel like the bright scarf was the perfect touch to her look, so I decided to give it a try myself. I really love how it came together. I don't think I have considered scarves with dresses much, but after this outfit I definitely think I need to consider it more. Finding out my closet is even more mixable definitely brightens my day!  I think sometimes I take for granted the little things like this, so I thought today I'd share some of the simple loves in my life:

1. Clean. Sheets.  Seriously, sleeping on clean sheets is the best! If I had the time I probably put on fresh daily instead of weekly.
2. Bubble baths with a book.  I don't think I need to elaborate on the awesomeness that this is.
3. Pedicures- I used to go monthly before Grant was born and now I'm lucky to go twice a year.  Over Christmas break Grant went to daycare a few times and on one of the days I went and pampered myself with a pedi and my feet have never been happier, seriously, that girl was amazing.
4. Compliments from fellow fashionistas; it always makes my day to have stylish ladies give me a compliment.  Have you guys read The Five Love Languages? If not, you really should, mine is words of affirmation, AKA compliments.  My husband is good at a lot of things, but compliments isn't high on his list, so you ladies really help me out it that department. : )
5. Gift cards for Christmas, I'm excited to shop Loft's new spring clothes and am loving this skirt.
6.  The Grantster.  He's a pretty sweet kid....I might just be slightly biased. 

What about you?  What makes your day?  I'd love to hear about it.







Scarf: Craft Show almost exact
Cardigan: Banana Republic $7 (thrifted with tags) similar
Belt: Target $12 same /Target Coupons
Bracelets: Chimera, Moxie , Renegade 
tights: $5 TJ Maxx similar
Shoes: Bandilino $30 similar / DSW Coupons

Linking up with Lauren for Mix it Mondays.  Here are two other ways I've worn this leopard dress:




17 comments:

  1. The addition of the tights and cozy scarf transition the dress wonderfully for winter! I have some gift cards too to go shopping with...nothing is better than free clothes :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    $50 PayPal Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leopard & red is one of my favorite color/pattern combos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Red and leopard... my favorite combination! :) Gift cards for Christmas are the best.. that way you always get what you want!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty Ginny!!!!! Great dress and so versatile. What makes my day is when I can have a little quiet time to myself, to either watch a show or just read. Love your list.


    Agi:)

    vodkainfusedlemonade.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. that dress is so cute! and i need to take more baths!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the versatility of this leopard dress. Just finding my DVR recorded a new episode of one of my shows for me to watch before I go to bed makes me happy.

    whenlifehandsyoaupear.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pop of red looks so cute with your dress! I love clean sheets, too. They are so nice and crisp and smell fresh. I am with you on that one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a polished look!! I love it!
    oXo
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice outfit! I'm actually wearing something super similar today. Well, I had to take the scarf off because my classroom is extra warm today and I was overheating haha. And I'm currently reading The 5 Love Languages! I'd have to say my love language is quality time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look so elegant and chic! I love the color combination! <3

    Diana
    www.ManhattanImageandStyle.com
    New Outfit Post: A Cozy Day

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute Ginny! I love the red scarf against the leopard print! And I'm so with you on clean sheets - they are THE. BEST. Thanks for linking up again this week and for the shoutout! Hope you have a great week. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this dress on you and it looks great with the scarf!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm obsessed with everything!!! I love it! Red looks amazing with leopard print. I agree with the compliments. They totally make my day! I love giving compliments too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this look! So elegant and classy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Finding a big stack of magazines in the mailbox always brightens my day. :) I love how you paired the red scarf with the leopard print ( that's one of my fave combos).

    sagegrayson.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great color combo- that red is gorgeous! The scarf and tights really make it a cozy outfit compared to the other ways you wear it! And I'm totally with you on clean sheets. I sleep so hard after I put fresh ones on! It's magical!!
    Valerie
    www.the-style-files.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. One of my favorite dresses of yours
    Love how you styled it here
    Brett

    ReplyDelete