Clothed with Grace: Mix It Mondays: Herringbone Vest

Monday, January 27, 2014

Mix It Mondays: Herringbone Vest

Today I'm excited to be co-hosting Mix It Monday's with Lauren at Fizz and Frosting. It's no secret I love my herringbone vest, so it was an easy choice to show today.  This vest really does go with everything!  I picked up this vest on super clearance at J.Crew Factory after Christmas and love the yellow paired wit the black here. This outfit already made an appearance on Instagram, but great outfit need to be worn again! The next time I wear it, I'm planning on pairing it with this in colbalt (it's 40% off today, by the way).  Down below today's pictures is a ginormous remix collage on how to style this vest, make sure to check it out below, as well as link-up with Lauren.

On another note, last summer I did a post on knowing and dressing for your body type and it was a great success. I'd like to expand on it and I need your help. I really only gave outfit ideas for a rectangle, because that's what I am. Here's my pitch: Are you hourglass, pear, apple, or triangle shaped? Send me a picture of you in all black (with or without your face) if I get more than one of each body type I'll choose at random. Then I'll create Polyvore sets for you and others with your body type as outfit inspiration, as well as tips to best utilize your best qualities. I plan to do this as part of my Tuesday how-to series. If interested email me here

Have you entered my sponsor's giveaway here yet?








Vest: Coldwater Creek $50 (sold out)
Sweater: J.Crew Factory $20 almost exact
Chambray: $20  similar 
Jeans: Old Navy $15 same
Necklace: Stella and Dot  same
Bracelets:  Chimera, Moxie , Renegade Stella and Dot
Shoes: Vera Wang $12 similar

About a month ago I did a massive herringbone vest re-mix, you can check out the original post here


Linkup Rules:
  1. Follow your host Fizz and Frosting (via Bloglovin' or Instagram) and your co-hosts, Ginny of My New Favorite Outfit (via Bloglovin' or Instagram) and Jacquelyn of JustJacq (via Bloglovin' or Instagram)
  2. Share a post, showing how you remixed an item - a top, skirt, jeans, purse, shoes -- it's completely up to you! Want to share a collage? Go for it!
  3. Link back to this post with a text link or by sharing the linkup button!
  4. We'd love for you to tweet using #MixItMon so we can help promote your posts!
  Want to co-host in the future? Please email Lauren at lauren@fizzandfrosting.com and use the subject MIX IT MONDAYS!

18 comments:

  1. Such a cute, cheerful combination! I love the bright yellow against the herringbone. Thanks so much for co-hosting today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The yellow stripes and herringbone are such a cute combo! Great outfit Ginny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a Happy, Pretty, Cheerful Sweater. I am happy you were the co-host today. I know how much you love this vest and you rock it every time. That post of 12 ways you have worn it, has been one of my absolute favorites you have done.

    When you have time, stop by my blog to see my latest outfits and how I remixed a Fair Isle Cardigan. I miss you over at Elegance & Mommyhood. Hope all is well, Ada. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cheer-y yellow...it brightens up a gloomy winter day!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Headband Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this on IG this morning and was like "that's such a bright and cheery mix!" this is the point where winter starts feeling a little long for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. a bit sunshine yellow for these blustery winter day!
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, this vest looks great with the yellow sweater! If anyone's looking for inspiration on how to wear a vest like this, they seriously need to look no further!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore the yellow with black- so cheery in this cold, dreary tundra we are living in right now!
    Valerie
    www.the-style-files.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the black and yellow, and this vest.....UG I wish I had one. Looks great.

    Pia
    pjmscloset.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the yellow with the herringbone!!! Such a cute combo and loving the layers!!!! So classy :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is probably my favorite vest combo of yours! Great look!
    morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, some looks are so cute they need to be worn twice! I love that vest so much too, kind of wish I'd gotten it when I had the chance.
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete