Clothed with Grace: Going Fishing

Monday, April 27, 2015

Going Fishing

Recently I was reading John 21. This story occurs after Jesus has been crucified and has risen back to life. He's already revealed himself to many people, and is about to do it again to Peter and a number of the other disciples.

The morning starts as any other could, the men decide to go fish. After all, many of them had this profession before choosing to follow Jesus. The problem is, the can't seem to catch any fish. Suddenly they hear a voice from the water's edge: "Friends, have you caught any fish?"

They reply, "No."

Then the man replies, "Throw your nets on the right-side of the boat, and you shall find some fish." They, do and catch more fish than they ever expected. He men quickly realize the voice from the shore is Jesus. 

This story has stuck with me, look how simple fishing was when they were listening to the voice of Jesus? The same rings so true in our lives. If we go out with our own plans and our own ideas of what we should do, we are likely to end up like the disciples did at first: coming up empty. 

But what if we chose to start our days by asking, "Lord, her I am, use me." I believe our days would look quite a bit differently. See, we see such a small portion of what God's plan is for our lives, and He sees the whole picture. Doesn't it make sense that we go to Him for direction and guidance?

Today I really want to be purposeful with my actions, working to align them with God's. I know things will go so much better when I'm looking to Him.


I wore this look over the weekend to errands and to the library with Grant. I decide to wear this  Luna Layer Necklace by Gorjana I got in my Latest  Rocksbox as well as the Margaret Elizabeth bracelet from the box too. I kind of regret sending the necklace back, but honestly it a bit more edgy than my wardrobe, so I'm not sure I'd have had enough to wear with it, but I adored wearing it while I could.

If you're not familiar with Rocksbox it's a fun monthly jewelry service.  It normally cost $19 a month, but you get a $10 credit towards any purchases. You can also send the box back and forth as many times as you want each month. I'm really loving getting to try it out and you can try it free for a month too. Just go to Rocksbox and use code "newfavoriteoutfitxoxo" at checkout.



Cardigan: Merona same
Tank: similar
Jeans: Loft same
Jewelry: c/o Rocksbox (use code "newfavoriteoutfitxoxo" at checkout for one month free)
Heels: Bandolino similar via thredUP (use this thredUP link to get $10 off your first order)
Shoes: Aerosoles similar

12 comments:

  1. I really like the Gorjana line. It is so feminine and delicate. You really get some great pieces in your boxes. Thank you for the reminder today too. During my prayers this morning I will ask God to use me as He needs(: Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your top is really cute, such a great color on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that white jeans are the trend for today! Now I need to get my hands on a pair!
    The Adored Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your white pants! Very cute!

    Her Heartland Soul
    http://herheartlandsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the dark and light shades of neutrals in this outfit! The dainty layered necklace is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so fresh and lovely Ginny - have a blessed week ahead!

    Best!
    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So true, when we start the day with His word, everything else seems to fall in to place. Love this classic look! ~Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty and simple! love your accessories

    Happy Medley

    ReplyDelete
  9. This blouse is so cool! I love the layered pleating at the top.

    https://forsevenseasons.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. So true. When we just listen, He directs us! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I freaking love you!! I love to come and get an inspirational word from your blog! I look forward to not only seeing your cute outfits but what inspiration I will gain from your awesome words. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a great reminder:) You always have good things to think about and look cute while doing it!

    ReplyDelete