Clothed with Grace: New Day, New Blog

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

New Day, New Blog

Welcome to "Clothed with Grace!"  I'm so happy to have you here!

For quite a while I've been itching to change the name of my blog.  When I created this blog over two years ago, the name really fit. I had rediscovered my closet and every outfit I put together was literally "My New Favorite Outfit." Now, two and a half years later, I still enjoy getting dressed and want to feel good in my clothes, but it's ok for an outfit, to just be an outfit.

I began thinking and searching and thought about who I am, and then I realized that I am way more than the clothes I wear, I am "Clothed with Grace" by an unfailing God! He pours out his grace on me so freely an I'm so thankful for that! The new name was born.  :)

I still plan to post my outfits, but I want to be able to branch out to show more of my life, family, faith, and well anything my little heart desires. No matter the content, I'm always "Clothed with Grace."

So that you don't miss out, I'd love for you to bookmark, refollow, etc. Thanks for joining me on this journey!


First off, I love how this outfit came together. I think it's perfect for this spring and summer, and I felt great wearing it. I just got this top after seeing it on another blogger. I hadn't ordered anything from Sheinside before but have seen c/o pieces on other bloggers.

Everything on Sheinside is super cheap and it comes from China. The top I'm wearing today was only $10, and you get 30% off your first purchase, so I figured, what did I have to lose other than $7. I normally get a medium (sometimes small), but I ordered a large, as I've heard that the sizing runs small when ordering from a site located in China. It only took about two weeks to get here, which I thought was pretty good, but I'll tell you, you get what you pay for.

This "large" fits more like a small-medium in my opinion. It doesn't have a tag of any kind, so who knows if it really is a large. There aren't any washing instruction either; I ended up washing it in warm/cold and not drying it, and that worked fine, though.

So, although I think this print is absolutely adorable, I definitely got what I paid for. I don't think I'll order from Sheinside again. I know some bloggers who really like it, but I think I'll stick to brands I know.



Notice these cute bracelets? You could win at $30 credit to Lauren's Little Luxuries, enter here!



Top: Sheinside same 
Skirt: J.Crew Factory similar
Jacket:  Gap similar via thredUP (use this thredUP link to get $10 off your first order)
Necklace: Mariposa Medley c/o same
Bracelets: Lauren's Little Luxuries same
Shoes: DSW similar

Wednesday:
Linking up with:
What I Wore Wednesday
Random Wednesday

16 comments:

  1. Love your bracelet and your cute neon skirt!! I agree about ordering from overseas. Things fit differently. Congrats on your new name! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Firstly, I LOVE THIS SKIRT! The neon colour and length are just perfection. And the top pairs perfectly with it. I've ordered a few things for Sheinside as well. Sizing is definitely weird! But, I've been decently impressed with the quality for the price. Also, congrats on the name change! It's got a great ring to it :)

    https://forsevenseasons.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this skirt every time you style it! The tee matches perfectly! :) But I agree with you, I like to order from where I know- no guesswork for me! Love the new name Ginny! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new name! And so glad you're following your heart to make these changes to your blog. Looking forward to what you have in store. Your top goes perfectly with that skirt and love the vibrant neon. Thanks for your honest review of your experience with Sheinside. I don't think I can wait 2 weeks to get something in the mail! ~Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new name!! The skirt is so pretty, love the color!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! Congrats on the new name and may you have many happy blogging years here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your outfit and your new blog name. Perfect!! You're just too cute!
    Blessings,
    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the new blog name!! :) And I absolutely love this outfit...so bright and perfect for spring. I am sorry that you weren't happy with SheInside. I have really loved almost everything I have gotten from them...wish the top would have worked out better for you because it's adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE your new blog name! It definitely fits you perfectly and gives a lot of room to blog about whatever you feel like:) It can be hard to change things, so yay for you following your own path. That is one of my favorite skirts you've worn on the blog. I love the pattern and bright color!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the new name! Congrats on the change!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the new name and new focus AND you look great as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the new name, it suits your blog perfectly!! Loving this fun outfit, the neon is so vibrant and pretty!
    Marta
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the skirt! Super cute!
    Question: I know you've found awesome things on ThredUp (so have I thanks to your recommendation), but have you ever sold through them? I'd like to sell a few pieces but don't know if I should use ThredUp or another site. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did sell a while back and wasn't impressed with how much they gave me for what they took. I do know a lot of people who love selling to them though. We have a facebook buy/sell/trade group in my area, I usually sell that way now. Maybe look into something like that as an option.

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I was thinking of that as well. I also found another site I will look into - Tradesy. It's amazing what you've found on ThredUP!

      Delete
  14. Found your blog through Shanna Said So. Cute skirt! I host a link up every Wednesday (still live), stop by if you get a chance :)

    http://www.sydneyfashionhunter.com/

    ReplyDelete