Clothed with Grace: Trust

Monday, April 20, 2015

Trust

My family is generally pretty heathy, but recently Grant, Brian, and I were all dealing with some health issues. When it rains, it pours, right? Now, because we are usually pretty healthy I've prayed for a lot of things for my family, but health isn't usually one of them. It's funny when you take for granted.

In the midst of all of it, fear began to creep in. When the doctor said "CT scan" to my husband I kind of freaked out. Brian also told me he'd give me the combo to the safe, everything I'd need once he was dead was in there. Dramatic much?  

In the midst of everything I was reminded that "God did not give us a spirit of fear, but instead power, love, and discipline." 2 Timothy 1:7 We needed to be trusting in Him.

Although it was a crazy week for all here of us, I'm happy to share that all three of us are fine. Brian's CT scan came up clear, he just had a crazy intense case of the flu. Tamiflu kept Grant from getting the worst of it, and my health concerns ended up being just fine too. I'm so thankful to God and modern medicine. Dwelling in the idea of the worst wouldn't have been beneficial to anyone, but trusting in God both glorifies Him and strengthens us. 

In the midst of the craziness and the things that come your way, I hope you can also turn to God and trust in Him too. It gives peace we could not get without Him.


I am just so excited about these white jeans from Loft. It feels so good to have a pair that fit just how I like, and I've been wearing them weekly. Today I paired them with this polka dot top and my denim jacket and new leather purse from thredUp (use this thredUP link to get $10 off your first order).  I've wanted a red purse for years and I scored this brand new leather Banana Republic bag on thredUP for $29!



I also wore a similar combo a few weeks back for Grant's Kindergarden Roundup. I love how you can add any pop of color to black and white!


Jacket:  Gap similar via thredUP (use this thredUP link to get $10 off your first order)
Top: F21 same
Jeans: Loft same
Necklace: Stella and Dot similar
Shoes: Aerosoles similar

9 comments:

  1. Oh no! Poor Grant! I will keep you guys in my thoughts!
    The Adored Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you all are ok! When my husband gets a cold, her always tells me that he thinks he will die in his sleep (from a stuffy nose);) I have those Loft jeans and love them too(: Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was mentioning today how Vivian has been more sick than not for two months now. Hope you all feel better, especially little Grant. Keeping you in my prayers, Ginny. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad everything was good health-wise! What a blessing!

    Her Heartland Soul
    http://herheartlandsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember feeling really discouraged when I was trying to get pregnant with my first child. We'd been praying for awhile, but one day at a very random moment (as I ws showing somewhere where the fax machine at work is) just very clearly receiving the message "Just trust me".
    Since then I've had many moments when God's still, quiet voice clearly reminds of his provision.

    I'm so glad that your household is healthy (and I LOVE the red bag!)

    -Melanie-
    http://www.theseblankwalls.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I'm glad Grant is ok! Getting sick is always kind of scary, especially if you're REALLY sick. On a happier note, this outfit is adorable. Polka dots rock!

    https://forsevenseasons.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you are all doing better now! I love a good pair of white jeans, too. These look fabulous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry you were all sick! Love the polka dot top!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing bag! I found the same on this site Originalluxury I'm so happy!

    ReplyDelete