Clothed with Grace: Proof

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Proof

"If you were accused of being a Christian, would there be enough evidence to convict you?" I heard this recently and I thought it was really thought provoking. It made me think about Peter, one of Jesus' disciples.  Jesus asked Peter who he believed Jesus was, and Peter responded, "You are the Christ, the son of the living God." Peter, the rock, was the man who Jesus wanted his church built upon. He was with Jesus throughout his whole ministry.  Still, even though Peter believed and Jesus trusted him, on the night of Jesus' capture Peter would deny he knew Jesus three times.

"If you were accused of being a Christian, would there be enough evidence to convict you?" When it came down to it, Peter denied Jesus. We do the same thing today. We do it with our unkind words towards others, we do with with our selfish actions, and we do it in the way we chose to spend out time.  This makes me think about this song my King & Country. Take a listen:

            

I want my life to be the proof of God's love here on earth. I don't want to be like Peter, denying who Jesus is when it really matters.  It can be difficult and awkward to always know what to say, and often times I feel like Baby on Dirty Dancing "I carried the watermelon." Hey, but at least I'm trying, at least I'm speaking. Our words and actions show the world evidence of who God is. If we have Jesus in our hearts that should influence what we do each day, and cause others to want to know more about who this God we serve really is.



I wore this outfit over the weekend. This sweater was the "one that got away." Then on a whim, I checked ebay and a new one in my size had just been listed. Yes! I decided to pair it with these  boyfriend jeans I bought recently at Old Navy. I sized down and they fit perfectly. : )

I've also been wearing my Kendra Scott necklace from my newest Rocksbox like crazy! It. Goes. With. Everything. I previewed my next box and there's another Kendra Scott necklace in it!

 If you're not familiar with Rocksbox it's a fun monthly jewelry service.  It normally cost $19 a month, but you get a $10 credit towards any purchases. You can also send the box back and forth as many times as you want each month. I'm really loving getting to try it out and you can try it free for a month too. Just go to Rocksbox and use code "newfavoriteoutfitxoxo" at checkout.


Sweater: Ann Taylor similar
Jeans: Old Navy same
Necklace: Kendra Scott same c/o Rocksbox
Watch: Wristology same (free with referral program)  get 25% off 
Wedges: Aerosoles almost exact

10 comments:

  1. When my daughter was little, they sang a song in school about how people should know you are a Christian by your love. That is so true! You are getting some great pieces in your Rocks Boxes!! Love the necklace! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so Springy in that adorable lemon top. Thanks for the video, also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I love that sweater! I remember searching everywhere for a fruit print top last summer and couldn't find any! I will have to look at ebay. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that song! And your outift is crazy cuuuuute! Thanks for sharing Ginny! We have to let our life be proof that we serve an awesome God. Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute top! And I love that watch!

    Her Heartland Soul
    http://herheartlandsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I often wonder if there'd be enough proof for me... Something to definitely keep in the forefront of my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute shirt! I haven't seen a lemon sweater before, and I love it!

    https://forsevenseasons.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sweater is adorable, I love the print - so playful and fun!

    Rachel's Lookbook

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish this lemon top was still available!!! So cute, but love your option too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think this means it is time to pull out the lemon sweater again :) It looks so cute on you!

    ReplyDelete